XS Power

Thanks ahead to anyone who takes the time to read or post on this topic. I live in Wisconsin and we are having a little cold spell at the moment. Last night, it got into the single digits (not sure exactly how low) and my D3400 voltage read 11.9v on my voltmeter when I just turned my key forward. No music was playing, only thing that was on was the dome light and that was just for a split second. My car started fine but it just sounded like a cold start. I know there are going to be days/ nights that are colder than last night coming this winter and my question is how do these XS power D3400s perform in colder temperatures. I bought mine new in April, I believe, and have pulled it out of my car and put it onto a charger pretty much once a month ever since I bought it, even though it never really needed it. I plan on bringing it in the house tonight and juicing it up again also. At the moment it is my only battery in my car so its primarily used as a starting battery. I have a stock 140 amp alternator that feeds all the juice to run my amps. With my car on, I never dip down into battery voltage. Example: If my car sat overnight in 0 degrees weather what sort of voltage should I be seeing before any type of charge or load from your guys experience? In normal warmer weather my overnight resting voltage would normally hover between 12.6 -12.9

Thanks again for replies

Sorry I forgot to mention in my main post, would it be a good idea to power something with the battery and let it drain down a little more before I charge it back to 100%? Kind of like you do with deep cycle batteries. This battery is the first AGM battery that I have owned and would like to do whatever I have to do to make it last as long as possible.

Edited by jakmagic

97 Buick LeSabre with stock 140 amp alternator

XS Power D3400 (under the hood) using pdb distro blocks

Big 3 done with 2/0 ga welding cable

Alpine CDE-HD149BT head unit

CT Sounds Meso 6.5" components

CT Sounds 60.4

CT Sounds 1400.1

Fi Q 12 D2 with cooling in 2.5 net tuned @32 hz (box built by Sound Mekanix Customs)

Bunch of Sky High 1/0 ga & 4 ga cable (plus fuse holders)

Connection BT2 & BT4 550 (Audison) RCA's

Bunch of Mojo Mat