where can i find a rebuilt mitsubishi lancer engine??

hey guys, where can i find rebuilt engines? i'm looking for one for a 2002 mitsubishi lancer es. i've searched around online and it has yielded nothing but $500 used engines on ebay...

also, would it be practical to have my engine rebuilt? it is still running right now, but it is just getting up there in miles. can anyone guess at how much that would cost?

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Curious what "up there in miles" is?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

it has over 200,000 miles and my new job requires me to drive up and down a large hill every day and my car is not handling it like she use to. i can tell it isn't going to last long at this rate. if i don't do something about it ahead of time i'm going to just screw myself. i can't afford to miss work.

oh, and i don't think the weight of my system helps much... lol

This is one of those situations where the cost of a reman engine and install will probably exceed the value of the car.

I'd either figure out what's going on and fix it or start looking for a new daily driver.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

This is one of those situations where the cost of a reman engine and install will probably exceed the value of the car.

I'd either figure out what's going on and fix it or start looking for a new daily driver.

did i mention my system is well over the value of my car alone lol? i don't care about the value of my car. everything on it is new except the engine and the transmission. i can't sell the car for much because it has a salvage title over the hood getting bent in a parking lot, but i don't care. this car is never getting sold. i will drive it until it is no longer fixable. i just want a reliable vehicle and i dont want a brand new car. i see my friends all spending between $1-3000k on old beat up cars and every one of them is just an unreliable piece of shit. with the thousands i've dumped into this car over the years, why start over on another car?

in about a year i plan on building a 68 chevelle, but even then i want to still have another car that doesn't have a big block under the hood and gets good gas mileage.

Archived