Just a quick post holidays update, Happy New Years!

I got myself a few tools for Christmas. My favorite of them being a DD-1! Now, I should note that I do not own a business and the installs I do are mostly for friends and friends of friends and they are all pretty simple.

But none the less after I played with the DD-1 on my own system, for anyone local I had previously done an install for i offered a free tune up on their amp gains. After I briefly explained what the Dd-1 did and it's benefits all my customers were eager to take me up on the offer.

After doing my own amp and several others in customers vehicles, I'm pretty proud of my ears. Out of curiosity i documented where I had set the gains and the maximum volume I had recommend the radio be turned up to safely. I can safely say that on every single setup i checked setting for the Headunit were under the distortion point on the SMD, but by no more than 4 clicks of the volume (and oddly the majority were exactly 3 clicks below what the DD-1 said). I was below 1% distortion at -5db on all the highs amps I tested with the SMD at the volume I specified on the head units and when each Headunit was turned up the where the dd-1 said they distorted all, but 1 system was still below distortion at -5db (the 1 system was still below it at -10db however). For the sub amps all were below distortion at -10 db at my recommend Max Headunit volume and -15db at the DD-1 HU volume with my gain settings. Again this is in no way to brag about how well I can set up a system by ear. Trust me I had no confidence in my setups before using the DD-1, I just got lucky with my educated guesses on the settings.

I subsequently set each system to the customers preference whether safe on the sq side or pushed the max for SPL. I also informed them of the Max Headunit volume and risks associated with low quality music sources and pushing their systems past the distortion point.

My favorite part of the whole experience has to be that not a single person was unhappy with the results after using the DD-1. Everyone's system also sounded better in my opinion and many of them sounded noticeably louder. Even though the systems I set up previously were "OK" I never felt very good about them and was always concerned I would blow up. I love knowing that each amp and Headunit is now safely set after using the dd-1.

A HUGE thanks to D'Amore and SMD!

Life's a trip. . . Don't fall.

That's markedly different than what I see on most I've retuned. Most don't tune conservatively and are trying to squeeze every last tenth out of their amps

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

That's markedly different than what I see on most I've retuned. Most don't tune conservatively and are trying to squeeze every last tenth out of their amps

Well I tune their amps and since they are mostly friends who trust me when i tell them dont mess with the settings on the amp. Aaaaaand I did have most of them turned up past where they needed to be at the max Head unit volume indicated by the DD-1, Haha. My saving grace was that i had told the people too low a volume on the Head unit. But again, I had no confidence in any of them, just listened closely and then hoped I was conservative enough to protect the customers stuff

Life's a trip. . . Don't fall.