Second Skin Audio

Planning new wall; Opinions?

Cynicz

Summary: 08 Silverado, ext cab, 5.3L. Walled off with seats in comfortable positions (not straight up and down like some dedicated walls). This will be a daily driver still. I don't want a system that ONLY hits low end, I dont listen to purely boosted music, i want a system that can do well on a variety of music. Basically a system any passenger can throw on their phone on the aux and listen to what they want and sound good and loud.

Goals for System: I have a few goals, anything above that is a plus.

* Very musical like from 27hz to 50 hz or so

* Crazy Hair-tricks

* Nasty lows that you hear from blocks away

* 153s

Amps: Either of the following combinations (help me decide) looking to stay below 2 grand for amps (mind you these numbers arent including any rises, these are the top of the spectrum at absolutely max power, voltage and unlikely circumstance but why not account for these anyways :P )

* B2M1u - Running at 0.5Ω daily & burping (4950w @ 14.4v per sub theorycrafting) $2000

* Two Crescendo5500 - Running at 1Ω daily & Burping (2900w @ 13.8v per sub theorycrafting) $2000

* Two SoundQubed3500 - 8600w @ 14.4v - running at 1Ω daily & 0.25Ω burping (2150w @ 14.4 daily & 7000w @ 14.4v burping per sub theorycrafting) $1200

Subs: Four SoundQubed HDC4-15s

Charging System: Triple Alt bracket, stock alt for regular electrical and two 300+Amp alts for audio system. (recommendations on alts for this system?) also will probably run ext regulated so I can run a 16v audio electrical

More details on Electrical: All electrical will be in a waterproof toolbox in the back of the bed under a soft top. Hole cut in the bottom or back to allow access for wires into cab.

* 6 banks of 8 caps per bank. (maybe more banks)

* 2 runs of 1/0 for power off each alt to rear

* Dual inputs on both amps for 4 runs total of both power and ground

* Alternator grounds going straight to strut mount brace for a vehicle grounding.

* All grounds in rear from cap bank/amps going straight to frame

Fusing:

* All 4 runs off alternators being fused in back before connecting to cap banks.

* Fuse between cap banks and amps

* Any other places I'm forgetting?

Random Details: I would like to leave about 1/4 to 1/3 of the toolbox free for actual storage for like a bag of fuses, drill, and other random tools for comps. I dont have toolbox yet but will get one that fits under the soft top and leaves enough room for me to load my motorcycle up with the tailgate down.

So all in all does this sound like its pretty well planned out or is there some major changes i need to make?

Heres my truck in all her glory

xajh1.png

Interchangeable ports is gonna suck tbh. You're going to have a tough time getting that right.

Are you aware of what it takes to run 16 volt.

Most of the crazy hair tricks stuff is the people playing stupid low music again not really in

One with your goals or cone area and power. You can have it but you're going to sacrifice somewhere

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Interchangeable ports is gonna suck tbh. You're going to have a tough time getting that right.

Are you aware of what it takes to run 16 volt.

Most of the crazy hair tricks stuff is the people playing stupid low music again not really in

One with your goals or cone area and power. You can have it but you're going to sacrifice somewhere

* Yeah i figured the ports will suck but thats where the fun comes into play :) trial and error.

* I dont have first hand experience with a 16v system so if you mind enlightening me that would be great bud!

* yeah I realised lower notes move the most air thats why im looking for a sub that can play a wide range of notes efficiently. currently run sundown x8s and they are great for like 26-33hz but anything after like 37 ish it just falls off completely and listening to such a wide range of music i want a sub that can hit like 28 up to low 40s on a single tuning (if thats possible haha). but are you saying that the 4 hdc4s on a [email protected] per sub wont push hair tricks well on a daily port.

I just want a very musical setup thats impressive to demo for people.

if you dont mind throw out some educational information and tell me what youd do differently to achieve different goals.

Appreciate the input!

Forget the interchangeable port. Driver side port, like 200sq-in of area. 4 cubes a piece. 20 cubes gross should get you right where iy needs to be.

There's a guy in Texas that runs a 99 silverado daily driven with 4 b2 15s on a zero1. Same style setup as what you want. Play lots of music. It does a high 155. Can hairtrick super easy. Plus its removable. Full wall removable.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Well, with the right port and box 28-40 should be cake to hit. Hell with my wall I have too much air space and probably too much port tuned to 33 and I can play 28 full tilt and play up to 50 before it starts to roll off.

Not sure why your 8's only 26-33 that's all kinds of messed up.

Forget the interchangeable port. Driver side port, like 200sq-in of area. 4 cubes a piece. 20 cubes gross should get you right where iy needs to be.

There's a guy in Texas that runs a 99 silverado daily driven with 4 b2 15s on a zero1. Same style setup as what you want. Play lots of music. It does a high 155. Can hairtrick super easy. Plus its removable. Full wall removable.

Miksch?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Miksch?

you know it. Hell it needs about twice the power. It was a badmofo on the SA-15's. Simple yet effective

edit, @ OP. 16v and caps is a lot for 4 2ks. 10k on a pair of 12v alts is easy to accomplish in a daily setup that can sit at a show and demo for hours...

hmm idk why the 8s are so peaky but regardless im upgrading! haha.
And hmmm so many options Im looking to stay 450 a sub or less and wanting about 8k-10k of clean power.

so right now with coil configurations SQ offers if I do hdc4 i could shoot a 2200 each at half ohm or do dual 3500 at 1ohm each i suppose

It's hard to beat SQ on price vs performance. I just personally think that you are attempting to go WAYYY complicated in something that can be done VERY simply while achieving the goals that you want.

It's hard to beat SQ on price vs performance. I just personally think that you are attempting to go WAYYY complicated in something that can be done VERY simply while achieving the goals that you want.

hmm so what would you suggest? I want to wall with 4 15s i know that. so what would you suggest? right now i got like 5grand im willing to spend and i dont mind saving more for a nice wall.

Archived