Mitsubishi Galant + 12 12s = ??? Starts at Page 5

I got a snap chat from someone who is helping with this....

Looks good

Most likely David or Sam, couldn't have done this without them. It's a tad bit of work haha

Team 2Loud @ Virginia TechTeam NVXXS Power BatteriesDB Designs

Build logs: 
2002 Mitsubishi Galant, 12 NVX 12s, 4th order, Vital Power 700.1, 158.6 dB Kick 
1990 Honda Civic SPL Build, 2 DC LVL 5 Team 15s, 2 Vital Power 700.1s

Follow my builds on Social Media!
Youtube: SolerTuned
Facebook: @2LoudVT
Instagram: @SolerTuned

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good my friend. It is coming along nicely and will surely be loud. If I had to put my guess out there as to what it will do number wise before tuning I am going to say a 158.2 on the dash sealed. Hopefully with some work you will stomp out a 160 sealed on the dash. I'm sure it will do that in the kick right off the bat. I'm in for more progress pics.

Also since you frequent the shows in my area and compete in NSPL I am expecting a demo of this vehicle when I see you at a show with it.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Looks good my friend. It is coming along nicely and will surely be loud. If I had to put my guess out there as to what it will do number wise before tuning I am going to say a 158.2 on the dash sealed. Hopefully with some work you will stomp out a 160 sealed on the dash. I'm sure it will do that in the kick right off the bat. I'm in for more progress pics.

Also since you frequent the shows in my area and compete in NSPL I am expecting a demo of this vehicle when I see you at a show with it.

Absolutely, I am always down to demo! As for numbers we'll have to see, might need more wattage to get a 160, but I'm guning for least 158 at the kick of the bat

Build logs: 

Got her fired up. The night before the show, played it for all of 50 seconds and the mirror broke off the windshield, leaving a small hole. Once that was there, the windshield was done. I'll need to reweld the windshield brace and then I should break any more windshields. I'll have more pics and videos once shes all finished up. Didnt have the speakers in for this show, as the car was finished up just hours before the show.

Despite having a hole in the windshield, still did a 157.7 dB outlaw. A 2.7 dB gain over the last set up. Once shes all sealed up again, looking at doing close to 159.

And does she hair trick?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLUrxe6hbD1/?taken-by=solerspl&hl=en

Build logs: 

Well, the inevitable happened. The stock roof brace is totaled. Nearly cut in half on one side, and 5 other cracks. Nearly all the pinch welds are busted.

aIPe2SN.jpg

Plan is to tac weld the pieces back together, then jb weld it back to the ceiling. The reason I wont be welding it to the ceiling is because if I weld it, chances are I'll have to repaint the roof.

Next to brace it, I'll weld up a 1/4" steel bar across the brace. Then I'll take a piece of wood from the top of the box and extend that to the front and screw the metal into the wood a few times. With some spray foam on top, it should hold fairly well.

Build logs: 

• 3 weeks later...

Roof is in the process of getting re-welded. I boogered it pretty bad. The roof brace had to be cut out and a new one is being made to put in its place. For now the car sits at DB Designs to get it rewelded. She'll be done by this weekend for the Ruckus show.

In the meantime, got the interior trim panels in. Went with a blue that was fairly close to my amp. I think it definitely turned out good.

GKxYiqJ.jpg

bVfbawr.jpg

Build logs: 

Dope, love the color scheme man.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Man that's nice. That's really all it is to say here.

Clicky for build log....

2002 Tahoe

DC Power Inc 3 alt bracket with 2x230a. alts 1 stock

Eclipse CD5030

2 JL HD 600/4

4 Rockford Fosgate 2500bdcp's

4 DC Audio 18" XL's

4 Pr MB Quart Premium Components

200FT Stinger HPM 1/0

Rockford 360.2

No where near enough sound deadening

Thanks guys! Here's the result after mounting and wiring all the subs. Wires are tucked out of sight and the front subs off mounted opposite. This is so the magnets arent too close to the port.

NjP5MgY.jpg

Build logs: 

Archived