Looking for ground pounder wall.

So I'm building a wall. I have a thread in the general section, before a mod locks this, it's not duplicate post the other thread is for all my general questions retaining to everything that's not a single specific niche.

Now I have a budget for subs and amps which is no more than 4 grand preferably around 3.

I really want to keep everything one brand from subs, mono and 4ch amps, and components and Co axial.

I was looking at 4 hdc415 on 2 3500 at a quarter ohm. I will be running very stout electrical. However I don't know if I should go a different route since it seems hdc4 like the 38hz tuning. I want a system that shakes cars next to me and shakes stuff inside buildings etc, just your typical ground pounder. The system that sounds ridiculously loud to the ear and moves tons of air. However on the flip side I want to try to stay in modified3 for competing and still meter semi well to win some local comps whether that means removable ports or what have you.

So what sub and amp setup would you go with for that budget.

Any high end equipment will fit the bill though. Pick the one you like the looks of bestv or fits your budget best and go with that. Soundqubed HDC4s can certainly ground pound without a worry. To me, the Fi SP4 is what I'd choose to ground pound.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

So I'm building a wall. I have a thread in the general section, before a mod locks this, it's not duplicate post the other thread is for all my general questions retaining to everything that's not a single specific niche.

Now I have a budget for subs and amps which is no more than 4 grand preferably around 3.

I really want to keep everything one brand from subs, mono and 4ch amps, and components and Co axial.

I was looking at 4 hdc415 on 2 3500 at a quarter ohm. I will be running very stout electrical. However I don't know if I should go a different route since it seems hdc4 like the 38hz tuning. I want a system that shakes cars next to me and shakes stuff inside buildings etc, just your typical ground pounder. The system that sounds ridiculously loud to the ear and moves tons of air. However on the flip side I want to try to stay in modified3 for competing and still meter semi well to win some local comps whether that means removable ports or what have you.

So what sub and amp setup would you go with for that budget.

dont sleep on that 36-39hz range!! Especially with that amout of power and cone area trust me!!

I read your other thread and tried to catch up. You're planning on basically just a monster Cap bank? Have you ever done a build of the caliber that you're planning for currently?

1) Have you ever messed with caps?

2) Have you ever designed/built a wall?

3) Have you ever run a 16V system?

4) Have you ever run big amps/multiple runs of wire?

You don't have to start off with this huge, impressive parts list and have the goal of impressing others. Get some building under your belt before you tackle something that might kick your ass.

I read your other thread and tried to catch up. You're planning on basically just a monster Cap bank? Have you ever done a build of the caliber that you're planning for currently?

1) Have you ever messed with caps?

2) Have you ever designed/built a wall?

3) Have you ever run a 16V system?

4) Have you ever run big amps/multiple runs of wire?

You don't have to start off with this huge, impressive parts list and have the goal of impressing others. Get some building under your belt before you tackle something that might kick your ass.

I came in contact with "the loudest sport trac" who actually runs the same setup I was planning on and runs it off 6-7 batteries and dual 200 alts from what he told me.

No I haven't done a build such as this I've had several 3k-7k builds though.

1. I have not personaly messed with caps but have a few friends who have just started. I also have read quite a bit and plan on reading more on them. I don't plan on solely running a cap bank though. I'm looking at like 8 banks and 3 g31 bats to start.

2. I contacted AMICustoms and am hoping once I get everything ordered I can make a trip down to Arkansas and have him do the build.

3. No I have not and as stated in other thread I'm sticking to 12v after all haha.

4.yes absolutely. Got 4 runs right now.

I'm not new into car audio. I haven't ever had a wall though which is why I want to ask boatloads of questions to make sure I'm getting what I want. I've done all my previous box builds and full installs from Headunit to amps etc all myself.

Just triple layer sound deadened my roof and all my doors myself as well. I'm not some random kid coming off any xplodes haha.

Also how will my battery bank blow my budget lol?

I didn't know if your total budget you were mentioning included batts and caps. It seems like that budget you mentioned is just what you're setting aside for subs/amps.

You're asking the right questions dude. I can't wait to set the build. I don't know if Andrew builds for others that might compete against him.

I talked to Andrew and he made it sound like he had no problem doing the build if I had the money.

And yeah that budget is purely for amps and subs. My taxes will pay for the triple alt bracket, 2 new mechman or DC 300amps and some of the wiring. This won't be something I throw together in the next 2 weeks I want to take my time, ask tons of questions learn as much as I can etc (: I'm only 22 and I travel a ton with my job cleaning oil refineries and power plants. That's actually how I plan on having Andrew do the build. We do a power plant about 20mins from where Andrew lives and we do that twice a year for 6-8 weeks, working 7 days a week 12 hour shifts so figured once I have all my toys I'll drive my personal truck to Arkansas when the run comes around and have him design and build the box.

Also I don't think I'd compete against him because with his build isn't he mod4 or mod5 surely. Plus he'd murder me haha twice the power and 2 extra subs. I want to hope I can do this setup within mod2,mod3 at the most.

And I'll check into those fi you mentioned

so has anyone done a wall in a ext cab before and have experience with space? I want my seat at a comfortable driving position for a 6'1" man. im starting to lean toward 6x 15s if i have the air space. I already purchased 2x B2audio Zero.7s which are 7500rms at half ohm stable. if i can fit 6x 15s in a slide in wall ill run 6 at .33ohm per amp. hoping to see 8k out of each amp at that level.

Archived