Second Skin Audio

HDS312's enclosure

reedal

Trying my hand at designing my own enclosure, hoping for some feedback.

Edges will be rounded over (haven't figured that part of sketchup out yet), WinISD puts port velocity a tenth under 30 m/s. Net volume is 5.11ft^3, tuned to 32.89hz. Outside dimensions are 16" H x 41.5" W x 20" D

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag321/reedal931/box_zps5018b3eb.jpg~original

thanks

Ok. When I get home tonight I'll tinker with it some more. I started to do a five inch port but was worried about it being too much port and not having enough output. I should have added they're being powered by a SoundQubed 3500.1 at 2ohm (2600w @ 2ohm) in a 97 explorer, port and subs firing towards the hatch. As long as I keep net volume between 4.5 and 5 cubes for these subs that should be fine right?

From my own data just try to keep your subsonic filter at like 30Hz (to start at least) and make sure not to overpower too much, have many firing direction options in that vehicle, firing everything back should do ok and keep the box easy to build.

Sounds good. I've looked at any "enclosure help" I see pop up for tips and education because I've never designed or built my own before and wanted to give it a shot. I'll see what I can do about the port velocity but i was worried about having too much area for it to sound good.

Sounds good. I've looked at any "enclosure help" I see pop up for tips and education because I've never designed or built my own before and wanted to give it a shot. I'll see what I can do about the port velocity but i was worried about having too much area for it to sound good.

You would have to have waaaay too much port area before it would start to be a problem. Too little area is far more likely to cause you issues.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Ok. So just try to get the velocity under 25 m/s? I think to get that had me at around 80-90^2 of port.

To make sure I'm doing it right, when inputting the box volume on WinISD, I use the gross volume? or net after displacements (excluding port displacement)? Because you can account for port displacement when you change your port area/length to get the frequency and velocity you want

Ok thanks again. I got it where I want it and where it needs to be then. 22 m/s with a five inch wide port. Appreciate the help.

Archived