Sonic Electronix

Can anyone help me? In my car I'm driving for the winter I just recently installed subs. I still have my factory head unit and speakers. My amp is hooked up to a Audio Control LC2i Line output converter which is getting its signals from my rear deck 6x9s. I need to set my amp with an o-scope but I am wondering if playing the test tones over my factory speakers can damage them? I can't disconnect the speakers because then my amp would have no signals going into it since the Audio Control gets its signals from the 6 x 9s. I own an o-scope and have used one to set my amp gains in my other car. Just don't want to blow any factory speakers. Is it stupid to even try to use a scope with this setup?

- 1995 Pontiac Trans Am

- 5.7 LT1 V8
- Kenwood Excelon x998 Deck
- JL Audio XR650-CSI 6.5" 2-Way Component Speakers (In My Doors)
- Crescendo Audio PWX 6.5" Mid Ranges (Right behind my seats)
- (1) Kenwood KAC-9105d Monoblock Amplifier
- (1) Kenwood X450/4, 4 Channel Amplifier
- (2) Kenwood W3013ps 12" Subwoofers
- Amps tuned with O-scope.
- Stinger Roadkill Sound Deadening
- F.A.S.T Rings by Mobile Solutions
- Phoenix Gold and Stinger wiring

I have set a sub gain with an oem head unit using an lc2i and an o-scope . On my own setup i disconnected the speakers at each door by pulling the door harness. I don't fully understand the lc2i's bass compensation deal so i just set it however the instructions said for head units without bass "roll-off". It shouldn't hurt the oem speakers with a sign wave as long as you scope the head-units output first before moving on to the lc2i and then finally the amplifier.

1) its not a dumb idea to want to make sure your system is set up properly and ensuring you start with an unclipped signal

2) what vehicle is it?

3) are you catching the the signal for the lc2i befor or after the amp? If after, you mean to tell use you have no access to the rear 6x9's in order to disco the negative lead???

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

1994 Cadillac Concours with the Factory Delco 11 Speaker System. I decided to use the 6 x 9's wires as my signal because they were old and the rubber had torn, also the factory system only sent them basslines. So in my trunk I cut the positive and negative wires going into the 6 x 9s and hooked them up to the speaker level inputs on my LC2i. And then it goes to the amp through RCA's. So the LC2i is before my amp.

- 1995 Pontiac Trans Am

- 5.7 LT1 V8

1994 Cadillac Concours with the Factory Delco 11 Speaker System. I decided to use the 6 x 9's wires as my signal because they were old and the rubber had torn, also the factory system only sent them basslines. So in my trunk I cut the positive and negative wires going into the 6 x 9s and hooked them up to the speaker level inputs on my LC2i. And then it goes to the amp through RCA's. So the LC2i is before my amp.

- 1995 Pontiac Trans Am

- 5.7 LT1 V8

But it gets even trickier because I have an FM modulator running so I can use my ipod. So it goes from Ipod, to fm modulator, to headunit, to LC2i, to amp.

- 1995 Pontiac Trans Am

- 5.7 LT1 V8

And the problem with disconnecting every speaker is that I have a tweeter and a mid in all four doors. And a center channel in the dash!

- 1995 Pontiac Trans Am

- 5.7 LT1 V8

With amp disconnected from the lc2i connect the o-scope to the 6x9 wiring you tapped with you tone of choice. Don't get crazy with the volume you should have a comfort zone with the setup already so start low. Find out where it clips and use that as your deference point. Then adjust lc2i with scope connected to rca outs and amp still disconnected adjust it so it is not clipping at max head-unit output. Then scope the the amp as you would with the head-unit at determined max value.

Archived