Sonic Electronix

How much would I be over paying?

any restaurant or bar charges 200/300% more then cost. ever wonder why 3 captin and cokes are $21.50 at a bar but you can buy a bottle for $19.99 i don't think the shop is ripping him off, and some of the prices are allot better then the shop by me. but the price of everything has caused OP to remove some stuff from his list.

i understand the needs for shops. i use to be a big supporter of local shops. but mine has f@&ked me and mine to many times.

now i try to teach a man to fish.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any restaurant or bar charges 200/300% more then cost. ever wonder why 3 captin and cokes are $21.50 at a bar but you can buy a bottle for $19.99 i don't think the shop is ripping him off, and some of the prices are allot better then the shop by me. but the price of everything has caused OP to remove some stuff from his list.

i understand the needs for shops. i use to be a big supporter of local shops. but mine has f@&ked me and mine to many times.

now i try to teach a man to fish.

On the bar markups you mentioned, as a bartender, you are correct that there is roughly 1000% markup on liquor and around 10,000% markup on tap beer (at least where I work). Cost for us on a pint of local brew is about $.10, selling for $6.50/pint. But you again have to keep in mind the cost of glassware, labor, dishwashing, etc. and before you freak out about those percentages, as a bar, you are lucky to break even on food sales when taking all the above overhead in mind. Last year we did about $1.4 million in net sales, after expenses and everything else the bar only profited about $100k of that. Markups (even at a ridiculous rate on specific items) are necessary to stay in the black.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Any bar barely breaking even on food sales is doing it wrong, period.

And anyone who thinks audio installs and sound builds are the bread and butter for local shops, could not be more wrong. Regardless of what markup is

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Well depends on ur definition of barely breaking even. Between overhead and promotions (taco Tuesday, valpak coupons, passport cards, etc.) it leaves about a 10% profit margin. Obviously fluctuates based on items ordered, but in comparison, it's barely breaking even in my mind. If your in the bar business to make money off of food you will be shutting your doors quicker than you can open them.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

glad im not in the car audio install business! Seems like its more trouble than its worth! damn sure aint getting rich,unless your shop is on a reality tv show.Im surprised this thread is still going... 6 pages? If you go out to eat dinner,you will pay much more than the meal you will get from the grocery store!

Archived