XS Power

• 5 months later...

I see this is an older post but I just started reading up on the caps. I want to run some but un sure how to properly charge them for the first time. I know it has to be slow cause of the amp draw. Anyone got info on this?

I see this is an older post but I just started reading up on the caps. I want to run some but un sure how to properly charge them for the first time. I know it has to be slow cause of the amp draw. Anyone got info on this?

You could try sending a message to AMI customs (owner of the black nasty), he has a maxwell cap bank, and snow drifter I believe built one. I can't recall anyone else on the forum who does though.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Best way to get the initial charge on them is a jump pack like this

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/38243753?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222228027518957&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=62688801888&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=89025291648&veh=sem

I have that exact one and used it on my 6 banks. I used it to get a base charge on them then used my big red xs charger to bring them up to 12-13 volts.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

My cheapo walmart charger will charge them from zero. Some nicer chargers won't.

I just put them on trickle and let it eat.

Just bought 2 banks for the Wagon. Wish I was team status! :sorry: But I only got a BABY build with 6.5 subs!

Super%20cap_zpslhbsoq57.jpg

DSCN4537_zpsmgepl9dy.jpg

Edited by sideshow_kustom
  • Like (+1 Rep) 4

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Update for the XS caps if anyone is interested. I asked about their pricing, release date, and where to buy for their preassembled banks, and the pricing on the individual cells and balancing circuits they offer, and here is their response (on christmas at that, which surprised the hell out of me.)

Merry Christmas!
The SB500 series pricing starts at $399.99 for the user assembled cap bank. The fully assembled bank is $429.99, and the sealed group size models are $449.99ea. The sealed models include our proprietary balancing circuit which can be purchased separately for $19.99ea.
Individual cell pricing is $55ea for the 2.7V cells, and $65ea for the 2.85V cells.
We hope to have existing orders ready to ship next week, and stock building up next month so all of our account customers can begin stocking them for resell. Currently, all orders have to be placed directly with us until we officially start shipping.
Best Regards,

Customer Service Team
  • Like (+1 Rep) 3