SMD Tool Rental...Who would be interested?

Would anyone be interested in Droppin HZ offering a SMD Tool rental program? Would include dd1, dd1+, cc1, and amm1. If there is enough legit interest, I will set this up. I know not everyone wants to spend or can afford to spend the money on these tools, but a rental program would give anyone the opportunity to properly tune/test their system. Pricing would vary based on the tool and length of rental. You would pay rental fee and shipping both ways.

• Like (+1 Rep) 6

Sounds like a cool idea.

Just be prepared for damage too occur either by the users carelessness or your "friend" that lied straight to your face or possibility of the tools not being returned.

The only way I could see it being trusted is with some sort of a pre-auth on the persons credit card to make sure tool replacement money is there and available in case something bad happens.

Not that they use a credit card with $200 limit which is enough to say pay the rental and shipping both ways, but then they dont ship it back, and you go to charge them and its declined.

Im sure you got something figured out.

now send me a amm-1 to rent for a couple days to measure my power. :D

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Standard rental agreement would be have to be signed agreeing to return the tool withing the agreed upon and paid for time frame. Late fee would be charged if not returned in time and full amount of the tool would be charged to a credit card that is kept on file if not returned inside of the allowed time frame.

I do like the idea of authorizing full payment on a card before rental. Would not be charged, but I would have the ability to capture those funds if the product is not returned within the agreed upon time frame.

Only way anything would be done is with a signed rental agreement.

Pre-auth is definitely the way to go, it's the way any parts store that rents tools does it.

I'd be interested depending on pricing.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

This would be a good idea, of course having to cover your self because there will be broken or damaged equipment some people just don't care to take care of things

Nope not at all!

I borrowed my DD-1 to a guy on here from another state, but gave it to a old friend from right down the road to give to him at world finals, and he would give it back to my friend at the comp, and Id get it when he got back.

I thought it was the guy on here that trashed it, but after talking to a few people at the show, and how my friend treated it, leaving it lay on the floor, out of the case, letting other people use it, I knew it wasnt the member here that did the damage. My friend was highly hesitant to give it back saying its buried in his trailer and would get it the next day which turned to the next day and so on.

Finally got it back without my case, the CD had multiple show prints on it, scratches all over the disk, 1 prob was broke off the other prob had the wires insulation missing. I was pissed!

Moral of story dont think a stranger will care about your items as much as you do, if your own friend cant have the same respect for your items..