My little X99 build

loooks nice.

you hear what happened with frozencpu? lol

so hopefully you havent placed any orders from them since this last friday, because you might as well call your bank and get a charge back.

i haven't heard....

but then again i never had good CS from those guys so i stopped using them. What happened?

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

the "rumor" is he was popped for drugs and other mis-haps....... "RUMORS" so take that with a grain of salt. There is also a thread saying he is running a skelton crew as all but himself quit on him (for unknown reason at this time) but eitherway that place NEVER NEVER gave good support and their prices were never that great. Performance PC's always has done me right along with the very "little mom and pop shop" sidewindercomputers

Thanks for the comment Meade, pc will be detailed up when all finished, still very rough in the build. i ran out of clear plastizer free tubing and had to use 1 white piece to go from block to res and it is pissing me off as i like everything matching but i used it while my other tubing is still in the mail. Gonna prob get a Fractal Design R5 case (Still thinking about it) and do this SUPPPPPER detailed but if i do that then im watercooling all my gpus and installing a 2nd loop for em.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

getting near!!!

I have it up and running, loop bled all perfectly. I have already increased the OC on this 5820K to 4.56GHz @ 1.298v and Cache @ 4.050Ghz @ 1.25v max temp running AIDA64 for 20min in a ambient room temp of 20c was 58c!! Using the H100i with a 100mhz slower OC and less voltage was netting me loaded temps of 85c+ so this was a nice improvement. Watercooling is always so much fun.. LOVE THIS STUFF ;)

0221151811_zpsukujkqgy.jpg

0221151808_zpslaxr7qt8.jpg

Its worth the total investment, trust me. DDR4 has amazing bandwidth, OC's well, etc.... I had a 4790k devils canyon pc i built before this, and all though that was a fast pc and OC'd well too, it was just boring and didnt surprise me at all... X99 takes more skill / knowledge to OC, but the rewards are fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...

ok another update. Since im watercooling all my GPU's with full cover waterblocks and putting them on their own loop, i needed WAY MORE SPACE! so while i wait for my gpu blocks to ship from slovakia (straight from EK) i bought the best case i have ever owned. I've been shopping for it on newegg ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133275&cm_re=thermaltake_core_x9-_-11-133-275-_-Product ) and amazon but its been SOLD OUT EVERWHERE! The case was just released and it was first shown at CES this year, so it is THAT NEW. For whatever reason i tried my local microcenter and couldnt believe my eyes when i saw they had 4 IN STOCK :hay: I couldnt whip my wallet out fast enough!

This case is GIGANTIC and unless you are in person looking at it, the pics do no justice. Take note of the size of my L-Desk in my computer room then compare it to the case sitting on top of it... just huge!

here are a few pics, i cant assessmble it completely yet as im waiting for all my parts for my 2nd loop ( Pump, res, 2x full cover blocks, and rad ) but i installed some parts that hopefully wont get in the way. watercooling options in this case are just about limitless... i mean FUCK! just in the roof alone i can mount 2 420mm rads in push / pull :shok:

0309151438_zpszechhtb7.jpg

0309151444_zpsdmyi4daf.jpg

0309151439_zpsd75wl8bk.jpg

0309151711_zpsy5wwaysg.jpg

That case is monstrous! It's like a cavern in there. Not sure I like the look of the front with the 3 5.25" bays dead center. It looks like you could easily add a few extra rails across the middle and mount a second motherboard in there if you wanted to.

I don't think I've ever seen a case with that much room for anywhere near that price. I know CaseLabs makes some big cases but they easily get into the several-hundred-dollar range for anything that large.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

i was gonna drop 500$ on a caselabs case... came REALLLLLY CLOSE! but after several nights of doing plenty of research i found this case. TBH with ya, it is in a way a knock off from a caselabs case. build quality is of course not near the quality of caselabs, but it shouldnt be either, this is a ~200$ case, not 500$!! still tho, and im not just saying this cause i now own it, but this case is made VERY well. Solid frame even when all panels are off, weighs in @ 34LBS empty, and can fit a bagillion combo's of rads for unlimited watercooling ideas!

Archived