Perks of going to COLLEGE.

Just me but I wouldn't buy a reman engine for it, the motor would be worth more than the car.

Sell the car as a roller to someone who is wanting one for a v8 swap and buy yourself that clean firebird,

Time to cut your losses and move on.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

it would cost more than 2k to get an ls swap.. i thought it was cheap too if i did it my self but half way in it you realize is not cheap

5.3 go for $900 oil pan another $300 the intake another $300. motor mounts $115 the headers are $569 if you get the good ones.. to get the wiring done between $250 to $500 ecm would also need to get tuned.. im not including all that extra little shit that add up quick.. that said i would still do the ls swap in it

don't forget that I'm in TX where ls shit is cheap lol, you can get a 5.3 drop out with the trans, harness and ecm for $1k all day long down here. a ls1 intake is around $50, they don't make great power but are cheap and can fit under a f body hood, eBay long tubes $200 (no reason to drop $1k+ on long tubes for a junkyard 5.3), used oil pan for $150, and still might have enough left over for a 224 cam

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

I can't believe the BMW took 3 front end rebuilds in 112k miles....... my 76 ford Granada went 170k on the first front end lol.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe the BMW took 3 front end rebuilds in 112k miles....... my 76 ford Granada went 170k on the first front end lol.

I bought it with 110k in 2010. Did the shocks first, than later the control arms, and tie rods. They did great til I put BavAuto lowering springs in the front. The tech at BavAuto said I "Could use the stock height springs since it was just under a 2 inch drop".......NOT! They did not survive a yr. I added 2 new front tires before I came back to FL due to cupping. The shot shocks cupped my new front tires from NJ to FL!

Did the shocks again. This time I went with the sport version.....which oddly enough is 1.5" shorter then the stock version. Also added BavAuto Front Camber kit.This way it was done right. And added 4 new tires all the way around. -Cause I like having the same thread pattern all the way around. Toyo Extenza HP's.

I'm about to do the shocks AGAIN. She has 227k on her now and I am starting to see minuit cupping on the inside of the front tires. The rears look great thanks to (0 toe/0 camber- rear camber kit). Still same rear tires since 2012! BMW recommends changing out the shocks every 50k. It's been 4 yrs and about 54k miles since I changed them last. Trust me I now know the importance of tire longevity.... change the shock every 50k. Less headaches that way when it comes to the Bimmer!

Update with the motor. (I was called off from work so I thought I would be productive. Luckily I work at a different ER Saturday night and already completed 2 days this week). I was able to press the LS6 #90 springs with a little effort. At first I thought they would not fit since the bottom end of the spring diameter difference was 0.65mm smaller. I read on-line a few people have trouble with this spring. Some said it would fit, others said it would not. So I press and twisted and bam, they fit! My hand has a round red mark from pressing these f**kers on! 2 hrs later with a 12" C-clamp and my "custom LS6 retainer and key installer" (in between the heads) I was able to get on. The C-clamp kept slipping off the socket while in my hand. My left hand/thumb base hurts now.

20161203_062817_zpsrfdndkkl.jpg

Tomorrow install new balance shaft, new LS7 roller lifters, then the heads, push rods and stock rockers. Monday order a new oil pick up tube and pan and she's ready to go back into the car. THANK GOD!!!

-Frank

• 6 months later...

What's going on now man?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived