Second Skin Audio

Need advice, Chevy Cobalt 4th order wall

Slobalt7

I have been modeling in winisd for a few days my wall idea but can't seem to get it right. My max dimensions are 39w x 32h x 27d. I am trying to do 12 8's in a 4th. I want stupid authority in the 20s to 40s. The sub's would be facing each other with two sealed chambers (outermost part of "w") and one ported chamber in the center. Port forward and was hoping 28 x 6. Can someone give me some insight how to get the response I want from the space I am limited too? Oh and every wall will be double 3/4.

zr2usasig.jpg

Yeah, it's slower than your bowel movements.

This was the only way I could make it work with proper port area. I figured this for a higher Xmax 8(Sundown SA 8 v2), since you didn't mention which ones. If you're using an 8" sub with less Xmax than that, port area can be smaller.

I got 1.8 per sealed side, so that is for 6 subs. I then had 7 cubes net leftover for the common ported chamber. With a 29X7 inch vent, it had to be 15" deep with 6" of that external. This left a tune right at 50 Hz, but you have a GOOD sealed volume to achieve some decent lows. You have basically the equivalent of 3 15s, so IF it's a quality 8" sub, you might get some good lows.

I came up with 200" of vent(not ideal if a high Xmax sub), and a 2:1 ratio(which doesn't matter as much as some swear by).

I sketched up what I came up with:

Slobalt.png

Slobalt%202.png

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Holy shit CleanSierra THANK YOU!!!!!! Oh, and I am debating on what sub's, already have 3 MA-8's and had an SA-8v2 but have been debating if I wanna venture out to a new(to me) company such as Addictive Audio, Massive, Pure, ect. They will be ran off a Banda

a 5k until I get a more appropriate amp.

Why 8's? Why not? I have always loved tiny subs, I know fs and RMS are very limited but everyone runs big sub's and I love when someone is amazed when they find out I am running 8's.

zr2usasig.jpg

Yeah, it's slower than your bowel movements.

Archived