Increasing rpm at idle

Go to a mechanic and have them adjust the idle air control valve

the ECU will just relearn whatever "adjust" was done. if the ecu needs to keep an 800 rpm idle it'll do whatever it needs to do to get to that engine speed. the edu has to be refreshed to keep a different engine speed.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Idk i was having issue before with my truck idling to low.. the guy said he just adjusted that and it was fine :X

year? make? model?

It depends on the vehicle. Most newer cars are drive by wire, which means the idle is computer (ECU) controlled. Changing the ECU settings with a flash tool is the only way to adjust such cars.

Life's a trip. . . Don't fall.

It depends on the vehicle. Most newer cars are drive by wire, which means the idle is computer (ECU) controlled. Changing the ECU settings with a flash tool is the only way to adjust such cars.

drive by wire is when the butterfly of the throttle body is controlled by an electronic potentiometer on the gas pedal. it does not control idle.

damn :/ do most shops have the ability to do it for me? and how much would it cost if they do? otherwise, looks like im stuck with this issue..

its not the 90s. you need to buy a flasher and it'll be for that VIN code only. shops can't just reflash ECUs without a flasher or a programming tool to unlock the manufactures ECU programming.

I've seen people use a coin or a soda tab under the hood to raise the idle. Could also use a telescoping pole to lock the gas pedal at a certain rpm. With either of those I'd chock the wheels just in case

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Archived