PA speakers

Thuginfc

I took my door panels off to rebuild them I didn't like the look of em.

They had:

Skar fsx 8

Skar fsx 6.5

And a skar 5.25 component set

Now I'm just running stock door panels with a fsx 6.5 and a super tweeter.

I'm not understanding why it's not loud though like I turn up volume and the tweeter wants so start distorting before the PA speaker has good sound coming out. Tweeter is on a Rockford 400.4 and PA is on a skar 125.4

I've seen people way louder just running off of their head unit.

Maybe I'm not tuning the amps right or something

HELP

When I had that issue it was actually the deck. I had the least expensive POS I could find. Switched it to a nice double din pioneer and noticed a difference immediately. But for the distortion it seems like its a tuning issue. My next system im using a audison bit ten to help out with time alignment and all that eq stuff

I took my door panels off to rebuild them I didn't like the look of em.

They had:

Skar fsx 8

Skar fsx 6.5

And a skar 5.25 component set

Now I'm just running stock door panels with a fsx 6.5 and a super tweeter.

I'm not understanding why it's not loud though like I turn up volume and the tweeter wants so start distorting before the PA speaker has good sound coming out. Tweeter is on a Rockford 400.4 and PA is on a skar 125.4

I've seen people way louder just running off of their head unit.

Maybe I'm not tuning the amps right or something

HELP

Why are you using 8 channels of amplification to run 4 drivers ???

Also, why are you using the stronger amplifier on the tweeters instead of the drivers ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

The other channel on the Rockford goes to my rear door coax speakers and the other channels on skar are open right now. They went to my fsx8 PAs. Just unused till I get my other panels to fit like I want. I turned down the gains on the tweeters and it sounds better but definitely not loud. Maybe I'm used to having the 8 and 6 and 5.25 also but it seems like my cheapo kicker coaxials were louder than these PA speakers

what ohm you wired to on them channels?

When I had that issue it was actually the deck. I had the least expensive POS I could find. Switched it to a nice double din pioneer and noticed a difference immediately. But for the distortion it seems like its a tuning issue. My next system im using a audison bit ten to help out with time alignment and all that eq stuff

someone show this to the guys saying he is posting nothing worth anything today

what are youre tweets crossed at? with my pa setup i had to tune my crossover points ALOT before i got a sound i really liked. but once i did they sounded good to me. i have crescendo bullets and are crossed at 6.3k hertz i believe. if you hear distortion in the tweeter its probably crossed too low.

Didn't see that head unit post.

I do have a pretty decent pioneer double din. But it's going through a clarion eq742 or whatever numbers and also through an old audiobahn crossover.

I have the tweets crossed at right around 4.2k if I remember right and also have the stock passive crossover with em.

The PAs are 4ohm (wich is why when I had em both it sounded louder cause 2ohm load)

The tweeters are I dunno what ohms actually.

The PAs sound good (for what they are) just not loud.

Archived