TEXAS RESIDENTS!!!!

Whats up all!!! So, pretty fed up with being a business owner here in Cali.....we have decided to make a move to Houston area. just outside of it, actually. Looking at properties in Katy, TX, and several others. I have a friend there that is a mechanic for a classic car restoration company, and thought he would be able to answer my questions. But he is usually to high to keep a train of thought, lol

My questions are:

Do they smog check/emission check vehicles? Never had a problem with any of our vehicles passing...but nail bitter everytime it comes up. Also, would love to LS swap the civic....hard to do here in Cali! Do they care if you swap in a motor NOT originally equipped in that car?

What does the "inspection" consist of? In New Orleans, it was just a lamp/horn/safety inspection kinda thing.

Tinted windows? Hate that I cant legally tint my front side windows.....Can you tint in Texas?

lowered/lifted laws? Is it really "bigger in texas"?

And if there is ANYTHING youd like to add about your state....Id love to hear all about it!!! Dont want to get there and be ANYTHING like Cali.....

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

We don't deal with smog checks.

You could put whatever engine you want in your car. As long as it passes inspection it's all good.

Inspection main parts are horn, lights, brakes, legal tint, general safety. Basically if your car got you to the inspection place and isn't falling apart it should pass.

You can have 5% on back windows, 25% on front driver and passenger window and 5% above the AS1 line on the windshield.

For lifted I think your headlights have to be like under 5 ft. from the ground or something like that to pass inspection. Can't remember exact number. I don't remember on lowered. I think lights have to be like 18 in. from the ground.

Awesome!!! All answered in 1 post..... :yahoo:

Anything else awesome about the lone star state? Keep it coming Texans!!!

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

No, you can have tint on your front windows. Just nothing below 25% unless you have a medical exemption; then it can be lower than 25%.

Unless you mean windshield, then yes, you would have to do that every year. You can however get pulled over and ticketed for it at any time.

I have light sensitivity, but Cali doesn't care. No matter, my fronts are always at 5%.

The emissions part is awesome though. I can build my motor, WITH a crazy cam, to make stupid power from a small block on pump fuel.

OH yeah, does Texas have octanes higher than 91?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived