Second Skin Audio

Port area, cone area vs. box volume

rambronco

Here is a link to the newest version if you don't have it already, I find this version works a lot better.

http://www.linearteam.org/download/winisd-07x.exe

If you post you box specs I'd be happy to take a look at them too.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Thank you for the link, I will get it Dl'd and put my numbers together when finished your more than welcome to take a look, it would be appreciated .

01 Chevy Silverado X-cab

2 Sundown Z18v4 walled on 2 Lanzar Opti 7k's strapped at 1/2ohm = each amp wired to 1/4ohm. Havent checked impedence rise so not sure what they are actually seeing. 6 group 31AGM's.

2-Eclipse 34230's each one running 2 Eminence 6.5" Beta 6A. These are beastly mids rated at 350w program power. I was skeptical but the eclipse amps are 370w x 2 and when there was 4 mids on 1 amp I could push it into thermal protect within a song so added the 2nd amp. 

Eclipse 4212 running 4 CT sounds Meso tweeters. and 2 DLS ultimate tweeters up high to raise the soundstage.

96' Ford F350 4wd 4d long bed 7.3 diesel with 91k miles. Will be the sound quality rig if I can ever find the time.

• 4 years later...

So i've been reading this thread and I wondered what do you do with the information of the xmax times the speaker cone area.  That would give you a volume of the air displaced by the sub woofer, but it that what the volume of the port should be, or is that number what you need for the cross sectional area of the port? 

9 minutes ago, Bass Wars said:

So i've been reading this thread and I wondered what do you do with the information of the xmax times the speaker cone area.  That would give you a volume of the air displaced by the sub woofer, but it that what the volume of the port should be, or is that number what you need for the cross sectional area of the port? 

Where you located in MS if you don’t mind me asking ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

23 minutes ago, Bass Wars said:

Im in the Hattiesburg area

I’m about 80 miles north of ya here in Jackson

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived