Hey everyone. I've made quite a few threads (on different topics) recently, but this should be the last one for awhile!

I may be purchasing a VM-1 to replace my Stinger. However I am concerned on the brightness of the blue LEDs at night. I have done quite a bit of searching as I figured the answer would be easy to find, but didnt come up with anything. If the answer is out there and I didnt find it, I apologize.

My current Stinger is blue and unbearable at night, I have to swap the blue faceplate with a separate red one I bought, for me to not be blinded. And am hoping that the VM-1 wont do the same. Any opinions?

Also, I currently have extended my voltmeter's wires running all the way back to my battery in the back, and therefor had to use the trusty adjustment screw to get an accurate reading. WIll the VM-1 still be accurate with the wires extended 10+ feet?

Thanks in advance.

The VM-1 is acurate. There is actual voltage drop accross wire so the further from the source you locate any voltage meter, the more drop you will see. It's not a fault of the meter.

What alot of people do to tone down the brightness is to mount them behind a piece of smoked lexan. Pretty easy to do yourself imo.

I sold mine cuz it was so bright....then I was told you could adjust the brightness. Never researched it to find out if that was true. But mine was BRIGHT.

01 Suburban Z71 - 5.3L - Black - 6" Lift on 35's - Pioneer H/U - Kicker Mids, 8" Polk sub.

Past rides-

07 Avalanche - Sunburst Orange - 4/6 Drop - Pioneer AVH-X5600 - 2/0 Royal Excelene - T/M fuse blocks - Stock and Singer 350 Alts - 4 Kinetik 1800 - Crecsendo BC5500 & S800.4 amps - 2 Tantric HDD 18's.- RE XXX 6.5 comps

01 Grand Vitara - V6 - 4x4 - Pioneer H/U - Incriminator 6.5 Comps - SSA XCON 18 - Skar 1500.1 & 84.4 amps - Singer 160 Alternator - Optima Yellow top..

I sold mine cuz it was so bright....then I was told you could adjust the brightness. Never researched it to find out if that was true. But mine was BRIGHT.

you cannot adjust the brightness....and if a VM-1 is too bright for you you must have really sensitive eyes. Even mounted in the gauge cluster right in my face they don't seem to bright at all. But then again, cars come with dash dimmer's for people that like their lights dim. Not me. The O.P. must have really sensitive eye's too because i have never thought of my old Stingers as bright either, and i have had a lot of them in my past.

the OM-1 probably gets brighter than them all due to how many LED's actually illuminate while playing the system at high volumes. But a VM-1 is one little blue LED. Not a big deal at all.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

The vm-1 isn't to bright imo. If I'm tired and had a king day then sometimes it will seem to bright.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

you cannot adjust the brightness....and if a VM-1 is too bright for you you must have really sensitive eyes. Even mounted in the gauge cluster right in my face they don't seem to bright at all. But then again, cars come with dash dimmer's for people that like their lights dim. Not me. The O.P. must have really sensitive eye's too because i have never thought of my old Stingers as bright either, and i have had a lot of them in my past.

the OM-1 probably gets brighter than them all due to how many LED's actually illuminate while playing the system at high volumes. But a VM-1 is one little blue LED. Not a big deal at all.

OM-1 is kinda bright (but I love it) got it going behind a 1/8 piece of smoked plexi.

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

Battery: Autocraft Gold 75-3

Big Three in Sky High Car Audio 4ga

subs: rockford p2 12's (soon to be sundown SA 12's)

Sundown SAZ-1200d on the subs

Mids and Highs: Infinity kappa 6.5 mid in front doors and tweets in Dash 

sae 50.4 for mids and highs

SMD OM-1 on the subs

VM-1 is not too bright.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I just mounted my OM-1's low so they aren't a distraction when driving. For me it isn't the brightness so much, it's that it changes alot with the music but I like them bright.