1 run of 1/0 or 2

Are you saying I'm wrong by using larger, better grade cable than multiple smaller cables ???

Cause that's all I've suggested ...

No one thing I forgot to add is I've always used "high voltage" amplifiers and not "high current" amplifiers. That could be a determining factor there ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Are you saying I'm wrong by using larger, better grade cable than multiple smaller cables ???

You said a single run of 2 Guage instead of 2 runs of 1/0.

Which ones bigger?

Because I could swear 1/0 is bigger than 2 guage.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Right but you should always wire for what your system has the maximum potential to draw not less than and assume oh well it will never pull that much anyways.

I would agree if you were saying use smaller fuses which is what I would do personally but not smaller wire.

Sorry but you guys are both wrong.

Ok, so using the method you suggested, I would still be correct. I said two runs. So, either you didn't understand what I said or you didn't really read what I said.

Cars are a fairly simple circuit in terms of what size wire/fusing to use where when strictly talking alt/batteries/amps. If you lay it out, it's not hard to see where you will get what kind of draw. There's quite a few different possibilites.

I've seen some 1/0 CCA that's smaller than 4 Guage so the brand matters you can't just say 2 runs is fine.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Which ones bigger?

he was asked what he meant and said he meant 2/0 gauge... helps if you read everything before going on a rant

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Which ones bigger?

he was asked what he meant and said he meant 2/0 gauge... helps if you read everything before going on a rant

The post was edited to ask him what he meant after I responded

Which ones bigger?

The post was edited to ask him what he meant after I responded

I edited at 1216, he responded at 1217, you replied at 1226. Backpedal much?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Is it unrealistic to believe that I was typing it already and hadn't hit submit or refreshed the page to see that?

Because that's exactly what happened.

either way 2 runs of 1/0 is greater than one run of 2/0 if both are the same brand and type of wire.

he already has the wire as well it wouldn't be my choice in wire but he has it already so why not use it?

Is it unrealistic to believe that I was typing it already and hadn't hit submit or refreshed the page to see that?

Because that's exactly what happened.

either way 2 runs of 1/0 is greater than one run of 2/0 if both are the same brand and type of wire.

he already has the wire as well it wouldn't be my choice in wire but he has it already so why not use it?

True, but Cablguy's answer is better. Bigger wire = Less Runs = Less wiring hassle for essentially the same results in this application.

So what about the negative run from front to back batteries is it worth doing for just that amount of power? And also is the advice you guys are giving me saying to just go ahead and use the 2 runs of audiopipe 1/0 power to the back? Like i say i have 1 kinetik 2000 up front and 1 in the back. To be honest i wish i could put them both up front but idk if that would hurt my voltage in the back

Archived