Second Skin Audio

How much deadener on roof gmc sierra

How hard is it to grab a tape measure and figure out how many sqft it is?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I got 5 layers of rattle trap XXX which is not as thick and it holds well enough

I say 3-4

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

Man I have 1 Layer of SHCA in my rear doors where my port fires directly into it's friggin solidconcrete haha...I Dunno what your piutting in but I have a center console with all subs upfiring and I have no rattles.....my advice is to either silicone or expanding foam between the thin sheet metal roof and the crossbraces...thats where allot of rattles will happen then use deadener on the big open spans where is just bare roof first two layers would be plenty but thats just me...then use left overs to stick ontothe rest of the roof...best stuff Ive used and Ive used dynamat fat mat rattle trap and second skin...second skin is a close second.

just buy the bulk pack...you can use as much as you want then any left overs just put in doors or the floor...your choice

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Not sure about oither competitions, but in Meca your only allowed 2 layers unless your in radical

Patrick,

Best way to find out is measuring your roof, but the average roof is between 14-20 sqft. Going with a higher quality, thicker butyl product will save you time and overall money by not having to have several layers on top of each other. Check out the different sized boxes we offer here at: http://store.secondskinaudio.com/vibration-dampers-cld/

Good Luck with your project

Edited by Second Skin

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

ya all i had on mine was a single layer of damp pro, no other support.... if your using quality dampener then u wont need 5 layers

p0000027_thumb.jpg

p0000026_thumb.jpg

p0000025_thumb.jpg

oh ya and it would flex so bad you could see it moving both the roof and rear window quite a bit.... couldnt hear any rattles though

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer