Car Audio Gadget That Could Use Some Improvements

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MegaloManiac
I havent found one, they probably make it, but a wattage display (digital or analog) the has a toggle switch for whatever ohm load that displays what wattage is being put out (according to the ohm load of course)

edit: if its analog then it has to have different wattage ranges (0-100, 100-1000, 1000-10000, etc)

edit2: dammit now i really want one! DO MAKE IT lol

really.

and post a diy tutorial :D

the zapco processor does this. it allows you to choose how much power you want to send, but you have to set gains up first properly then it works.

the zapco processor does this. it allows you to choose how much power you want to send, but you have to set gains up first properly then it works.

thats a bit different tho then making a add on unit. The zapco processor plugs into the amp, where as the problem i am seeing is for some of these funtions to work properly you may need to open up your amps heatsink (which may void warranties)

But yea them processors are nice, but you get what you pay for :)

an "afordable" amp display that shows the amps your system is drawing, like stingers voltage display, i know seeing the amps isnt needed but i think it would be cool to see your amp meeter when your beating full tilt.... (im sure they make em but i havent came across them ) other than on caps ....but i wont pay 120up for a cap to see my amps lol

or even better, a universal unitl , that is made for one amp, that shows the voltage at the amp, the amps the amp is pulling, and the operationg temp of the amp and be able to show the ohm load that is on the amp as well all in a easy to use unit, push a button and it will switch thru the aval functions, or show them all at once on a back lit digital display

i like that idea of those options that the amp could have.would be great to know if your amp is gonna fry for too much heat.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Alot of us probbly can't afford O-scopes.(I know if I had a grand I would choose an amp over the scope)

How about a little box that has 5 or 10 LEDs that can hook up to RCAs to find clipping. 5 green 1 yellow 2 orange 2 red (Red is a clipped signal)

Then build one that can go on the speaker outputs of large amps to find clipping.

Then offer a 3rd one that can be used with the RCAs and speaker terminal outputs.

There are 3 items to make money off of.

If it was good enough and the price was rite I would jump on one in a heart beat.

on the hifonics amps i think the colossus or sumthing like that on the side it has protect,the green one forgot what it's called and a orange one that hasfor CLIPPING.so now if all amps would to have one that would be great but ill bet you they dont so that your able to clip the crap out of your subs without you knowing so you have to buy more subwoofers.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.