Sundown Audio

Here's the deal. I know a guy that's selling two X 12's for the same price that I can get two SA 15s. Which route would you go? I know the 15's exceed the 12's in cone area, but then again the X's have more mechanical capability, power handling, & motor force. Does this compensate for their size to exceed the SA's in output in the right app?

^ I'm wanting to really bad. Just trying to avoid a loss in output, wish it was a perfect world.

In my perfect world the sa15s cone area would crush the x12s? imho But in my real world, I can only fit 2 12s?

2 12s loose a ton of cone area over 2 15s. Even with the x12s having crazy xmax.

Sounds like the SA 15 exceeds the X 12 in a same power app. That's just my guess. If I was to run SAs I would run 2k to them, If I was to run X's I would run about 3.5k to them. So where would it stand there if both was in the right app? Just a ballparks idea, before this guy sells those X's before I have an opportunity to get them.

Might try em & see, if all else fails.. Sell em & get SA 15s and hope to God I gain something from it. I'm extremely pressed for space when it comes for a build with X 15s, I know for a fact I can do SA 15s. That's why I asked about the X 12s since it was a pretty good deal. If that wasn't the case (space), I'd definitely do X 15s.

Edited by SQL50