With my new build i'm envisioning, i won't be worrying about my back glass, hopefully. Pulled everything for the winter as you can tell, gonna have the roof welded up and work on making it a bit less flexxy lol.

Still going with 2 level 6s?

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Yup, adding 2 more. Got a deal too awesome to pass up on from a local guy, just have to send them out to get rebuilt so they match my current 6s. Gonna try to keep my second row usable but haven't measured up yet.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Damn so cpillaring too. That's my plan too. Going with 6 xfl 1222s just need holidays to be over with so I can stack up and start walling mine.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Once I get the roof shored up, I'll measure out my available space. Ideally I'd like to stay within the cpillar range but I doubt I'll have the room. Wanted a 4th but want to keep as much space as possible.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

• 2 weeks later...

Christmas time update:

Took the explorer to get the roof cracks welded up, than I can start on further fortifying the roof skin. Thinking I'll end up with several layers of 1/4" birch or similar to level to the ribbing and a final sheet of 3/4" to make it all even. Took some measurements of just the cargo area to see if I can get away with just a C-pillar flat wall keeping the second row of seats, probably not. I'll need 24 cubic ft of space after displacements and based off rough measurements and a bit of guesstimating i'll have 24 cubic ft before displacements. Looks like i'll either be at a B-pillar flat or go nuts with a 4th. Couple pictures to hold you guys over lol

My brother got me some new gauges, the digital ones suck balls, almost a full volt over what the actual voltage is according to my SMD voltage gauge. Love the look of these and they glow green as well.

6841EA88-ACE4-4AB3-8EFC-A782DD366BFC_zps

Also paid off the first surgery patient. Buddy of mine was selling off his pair of lvl 6 15s for a steal of a deal and I couldn't say no. Seems a shame to cut them apart but couldn't find a better deal even after having them rebuilt.

D39445E7-6621-454B-BD9C-0842842B5DBC_zps

Future plans include paying off the second sub, paying Rusty for the carbon fiber rebuilds and shipping the heavy bitches out. Also saving up for a couple more alternators and some building supplies. Fingers crossed I run into some cash lol

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Got the explorer back from surgery, happy that's finally taken care of.

My good buddy Will of Willbuilt Fab (check him out of facebook) was my surgeon of choice. Did an awesome job for my needs.

A10318F9-29C8-4DFC-A44D-77DCD85930D6_zps

Told him "Function over Form", don't need it to look pretty since it'll be covered on the inside and no one looks down on the roof ever.

8AA633FD-6CC6-4207-BDB0-FF91D2504289_zps

Was looking over my build log today and have decided that im going to build a roof mounted switch/gauge panel that i'll have Will cut out on his plasma table, should look sexy when it's done. Might also put the HVAC controls there too since i'll be moving the entire center bezel around for the iPad install this spring. Allows me to leave my cup holders, which is a big deal according to my friends when I build lol. Just have to focus on saving up for supplies and finishing up my recone fund. Any donations? haha

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Did a thing, kinda like it, needless to say the 18s are back in lol

17481654-1F2B-4642-A29E-EABC32221BF8_zps

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update: 

Ordered my second alternator, Singer 320 which will go where the ac compressor is. Will have the last sub soon to send out to rusty for cf rebuild. Have my fuse and grounding accessories so that'll start taking shape and finally Ordering 2 more D7500s and some wire and I'll be all set. Have to fix the cargo windows and gut everything than I can start building. I'll have pics once more equipment gets here!!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

• 2 weeks later...

Pictures, as promised lol

2 LVL 6 motors, were 15s, now being shipped out to Rusty and crew to be reborn into 18s with full carbon fiber package.

EDEF9C4B-CBA9-4D39-A7DA-82E0EEAFAD85_zps

Supplies to make a 12 spot fuse panel, still undecided on the base material though

3FA27AAB-E54E-4113-9915-32568E6BA565_zps

2 options for triple inputs on the 10k, not sure i'll have the space to use the anodized ones but we shall see

60D88DB4-71A8-4960-9359-BEE53D5903F1_zps

Under hood fusing, i know it's not SHCA but theyre the only fuse holder i can find to fit the limited space

E95FDA3C-3AC3-4EB9-BA69-1D73CD673E9B_zps

4 more 6" ports, probably should have waited to order these but i was on a spending spree and they just happened lol

7D2A70B2-3831-41BB-8866-BD5D29211AE9_zps

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Archived