Sundown Audio

purchased a sundown X15 D4 because of low stock on D2

I purchased the sub from a 3rd party (local sundown dealer and box builder) and because of the D2 being on back order for a while I settled for a single d4.

My headache has just begun I feel. There's so many options for amps with a single D2 compared to a D4 price wise.

My cap would be about 300 maybe 350 but would like to stay as close to 300$ as possible. I'm closing in on a hifonics Brutus 2400 which would have a rated 1700 rms @ 2 ohms.

That's the jist of it all, I'm almost wondering if I should buy a D2 and take this as a "lesson learned" or can I make this thing sound just as good as a D2 X15? I want to put about 1500-2k watts into the x15 And the sundown audio amps are out of my price range for watts with 2 ohms. Did I mess up? Should I have gotten the d2 and will the d4 only be beneficial if I have 2 x15's?

• Like (+1 Rep) 4

I haven't heard what the warranty is like, me and him haven't talked about it and he's way too busy lately to get ahold of. Since I bought this sub from him can I even trade this in myself for a D2 and just wait for it to be restocked? Or do I have to send it through him and pay the shipping? that's the last option I want to take. I'd rather find a good amp for it.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

probably gonna catch shit for this, but you COULD run an amp that is designed for 2 ohm use such as a Taramp HD2k or a Banda 2k.

don't listen to all the gonna catch fire bullshit. If you feed them well, and are responsible, they will give you NO issues whatsoever.

And if they do? Send em back on warranty.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1
On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

probably gonna catch shit for this, but you COULD run an amp that is designed for 2 ohm use such as a Taramp HD2k or a Banda 2k.

don't listen to all the gonna catch fire bullshit. If you feed them well, and are responsible, they will give you NO issues whatsoever.

XEiUNhx.jpg

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

damn there's so much more to the D4 than what it's worth to learn I feel. Lol. I've only used 2ohm subs in the past and only have researched info on class D amps at 1 ohm. My knowledge is small with amps that are only 2 ohm. This is becoming a headache for sure and I think it's Clear I don't understand enough about this sub to feel comfortable Dropping more money for a new amp when I already have one but won't push the x15 hard enough at 2 ohms. It would do fine for the D2. I'm going to send this thing back (however the hell I do that lol)

Thanks for your response. It helped me decide I do not want this thing at alllllllllllll.

You don't, it stays up for future reference.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I did a bit of research on this...after searching Google for answers and seeing this exact thread pop up on the top of the search results repeatedly I decided to just go with it and maybe save some guy in the future a headache of his own.

I just ordered a hifonics Brutus X14 2200 and at 2 ohms it claims to have 1600 watts (we'll see). I just did the big 3 today and also ordered an xs power d3400 battery. I plan on keeping this D4 and adding another and building a wall in my accord. As I upgrade my system I'll post how the amps sound and perform With this X15 D4.

You could have bought two 1000watt amps and strapped them. I've had 2 friends with a 2100 watt hifonics and a 2400 watt one, not sure of the models but a straight amp swap with a SAZ1500 on both sounded way better, louder, and less light dimming. But it should do you fine til the bug to get bigger/louder hits!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!