Sundown Audio

purchased a sundown X15 D4 because of low stock on D2

You could have bought two 1000watt amps and strapped them. I've had 2 friends with a 2100 watt hifonics and a 2400 watt one, not sure of the models but a straight amp swap with a SAZ1500 on both sounded way better, louder, and less light dimming. But it should do you fine til the bug to get bigger/louder hits!

I didn't think of that. Thanks for the idea. This will be a growing project. I'm testing the waters with sundown and once I get better at understanding all of this I'll upgrade to zv4's or possibly the team sundown. I at least want to immortalize my experience with a D4 by making this thread. Amp comes in Friday, big 3 done last night to 1/0 skyhigh wire and new 200 amp fuse and box bought. I'll post my thoughts when I have everything hooked up and bumping. But yes. I will be upgrading my amp soon I just want to keep the price low while I learn.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my box built for the X15. 4.25 cubes and barely squeezed that bitch into the trunk Of my 91 accord.

I'm happy with the d4 and anyone having second thoughts should feel comfortable about buying it.

I have 2 amps and I have this D4 currently running on only 750 watts at 2 ohms on a cheap hifonics hfi 1000.1D. I used to have 2 12" jvc arsenals running 1 ohm at 1000 watts on the same amp and this sundown sub is way cleaner sounding by far and like everyone says "it thrashes the lows". for having 25% less power than my 2 12" jvc's I'm impressed by how much more bass and window shaking I'm getting (It's amazing to me) this is my first time upgrading from 12's to 15"s and always worried if 1 15" would sound less "bassy" than 2 12's but from first hand experience this sub has out done both my 2 kickers and both my 2 jvc's to the point I'll never look at those brands the same again.sundown did an amazing job with their subs.

My next amp will be installed sometime soon and this amp will put out 1600 watts at 2 ohms and 2200 at 1 ohm.I didn't expect this type of quality even after reading numerous reviews about the sub and hundreds of YouTube videos. you just don't know til you try it. I've only used 2 brands of subs in the short time I've had a system. I've used kicker and jvc. Neither of those will ever be in par with sundown. I'm a customer for life at this point. Thanks for reading my final thoughts on this experience.

Edited by AlwaysUpgradingBASS
  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

• 4 weeks later...