Second Skin Audio

4th Order With HDC3.112/HDC3.115 HELP

Moreno93

So i have some plans for my truck for this year. Back seat is coming out, & i'd like to get 2 HDC3 12"s or 15" inch subs from soundqubed.

So i need your guys help with a couple things, Who designs the best 4th Order's on this site? & Also who builds them good in the Socal area. I'd love to help with the box build but have nothing to cut wood & no experience with it, so doing a 4th order for a first box doesn't seem like i'd get what i want out of it.

The measurements i have to work with because i don't want to go above the window line is roughly 38" from side to side, 28" from front to back, & 30" tall after a false floor. //

As stated above i'd prefer to have the 12" subs, but am open to going to 15" subs. I listen to a wide variety of music, but mostly Underground Hip Hop & EDM.

As for goals with this box i just want it to hit a wide variety of notes with a nice punch. More so musical then Loud, dont plan on metering or anything of that nature.

Open to suggestions, & any help would be appreciated, Thanks SMD

I'm sure you mean 4th order bandpass (BP4) box, but technically both ported and sealed rear chamber bandpass boxes are 4th orders.

So to be able to help you we need more info. What is your reasoning for wanting a bandpass box vs a regular ported box? Why do you prefer 12" vs 15" subs? How much power are you going to be putting to these subs?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I'm sure you mean 4th order bandpass (BP4) box, but technically both ported and sealed rear chamber bandpass boxes are 4th orders.

So to be able to help you we need more info. What is your reasoning for wanting a bandpass box vs a regular ported box? Why do you prefer 12" vs 15" subs? How much power are you going to be putting to these subs?

Bandpass. I want a bandpass box for sound quality. I've just never been a big fan of ported box's. 12" because i am familiar with them and have a general idea of how they will sound when tuned how i like. I'd be perfectly okay with 15" subs assuming they can hit all the notes that the 12" subs do. I've stuck to small subs because i feel they have better frequency response.

& I'd be looking to put a Ct sounds 2k on them at first but eventually get a 3k. Starting with a 2k so i have room to go up in the future.

If you are looking for an even, musical response its pretty unlikely you are going to get it from those subs in a 4th order bandpass.

While those subs are good at what they do, they are "get loud" subs, not "sound good" subs. Even in a ported box they are going to be very peaky. If you want smooth response I'd suggest you look at different subs.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

SSA ICON 12" or DSS Ethos 12" both jump to mind, though they are more money. There are lots of other good choices too.

I think a regular ported box is going to be your best course of action, regardless of which sub you go with.

Builds:

I don't believe the HDc performs well in a band pass

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I don't believe the HDc performs well in a band pass

Whats the lowest that you can tune them in a ported box?

You can tune them a low as you want.

Builds:

Archived