audiophile headunits???? where did they all go???

Nsomnia

This is why I consistently ask people not to add a processor until they learn what it is they need to process.

You can read all you want ... but there is no substitute for test and tune or trial anderror.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I could not make up my mind over silk or aluminium tweeters so I just got some AMT tweeters that state they can play up to 40,000 Hz

AMT = air motion transformer never played with em before and the reviews are awesome tho

It's alllll will's fault

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I could not make up my mind over silk or aluminium tweeters so I just got some AMT tweeters that state they can play up to 40,000 Hz

AMT = air motion transformer never played with em before and the reviews are awesome tho

It's alllll will's fault

Similar to PPI ones in the 3 way set?

Alpines now an sq snob

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

it is not cheaper

it takes up more space

it is not easy to tune (correctly)

yes you can change it on fly in some cases some DSP require a laptop i don't call that on the fly or simple tunning

and what if i told you ananlog done right will almost ALLWAYS sound better then a DSP?

are instruments digital or analog? what is SQ? the reproduction of LIVE ANALOG music just saying

DSP just made people lazy but i cant say to much on that every single car i have has a DSP in it im up to 3

i will admit i am lacking the skills to do an SQ analog build i need the crutch of a DSP

what would you consider a true analog setup? Full Passive? (by the way this is a honest question, I am not trying to bait. I am looking into a replacement for the 80prs, one of which would be a "active" crossover but I have yet to find anything that looks to be worthwhile except LP)

Also if you really get down to it a DSP can be more precise and allows more outputs that SHOULD be on modern headunits period.

Maybe this is ignorance but if I could find a 4-way crossover with coax and optical out connections I would be happy.

Lol where did you think I disappeared to ? Lol I went to the dark side of sq I won't even sit in a 150+ db car anymore j/k but sq is freaking awesome.....just sucks jumping in other people's cars most of there music makes me cringe now.... Ignorance was bliss

Lol where did you think I disappeared to ? Lol I went to the dark side of sq I won't even sit in a 150+ db car anymore j/k but sq is freaking awesome.....just sucks jumping in other people's cars most of there music makes me cringe now.... Ignorance was bliss

yeaaa...

not trying to knock anyone but the people who run all bass. And you literally can't hear the actual song...I mean its music people high mids lows, I need all three...

True analog would be class ab amps even tube amps even analog controlled eq's basically nothing digital even tho all CD s are converted to digital signal.

I have never put together a full analog set up we are in the digital age but the one I heard was amazing and fun to listen to..digital cars were more technical sounding the analog car was more warm and realistic sounding to me

The problem with the 80prs I am told and read everywhere the output signal I.e rca out put is crap for sq if you run a dsp it makes all the features useless with a lower grade output signal

Now if you are using for its features and don't have a dsp there not a deck out there that does it better.... And personally I think it looks like crap

Archived