Sundown Audio

Zapco 500m Ref. Fan help.

Dubuang

I just recently picked up a used Zapco 500m reference series and needed some help. Anyone with this amp know if the fan is supposed to always be running? The amp works great, but the fan doesn't spin. Before I installed it, I opened the amp up, all the internals looked great and the fan was plugged in as well. I played about 5 tracks, roughly 15mins of testing only. Will I have a problem with the amp overheating if the fan has a defect and is it safe to run with the fan not coming on? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hmmm, not sure if they always on. I have a 500M and most of the time I dont pay attention to the fan. I hear it sometimes before I turn the car off, but not sure if its already to the point at which it is supposed to come on or if it was always on. I can play around a bit today and see. If you cant get a straight answer from the techs.....

Yeah I dont hear mine when I start the car in the morning, and didnt hear them Most of the time while driving and parked. Only once, after I had it cranked, or rather, over cranked, did I hear them when I pulled into my driveway and turned the music down.

Archived