Dd-1 help without bass boost remote hooked up

So I've heard of several Guys not running the bass boost knob on their amps so I figured hell why not try this....

Is it normal for my dd-1 to have the low batt light come on when trying to set my gains?

Amp is orion xtr2200.1d.... This is round two with this amp round one ended up in smoke I was trying to keep my bass and loose my speaker distortion by turning down bass in eq then foolishly turned my sub level max on my head unit (pioneer app radio v1)

Needless to say the guys at md audio hooked me up got new amp and just doesn't seam like my gains are right... First had it set with track 7... But amp seemed to be getting hot... Having fried the first one is making me nervous. Lol

My dd-1 also does the blip distortion thing another guy on here was talking about..

So some help and advice would be greatly appreciated

First thing is do is get a good quality battery and relace the one you have in there. What head unit are you using as well? Did you check it as well

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

When the probes are not touching the speaker terminals it doesn't show low battery... It's when the volume is turned up to my max undistorted on my head unit then start turning my gain that my dd-1 says low batt... If I disconnect one probe the light goes away

If you take off the protective sleeve, there's a battery cover, take it off, disconnect the 9V battery, and put a new one in. The low battery light comes on because there's a low battery. Just like how a phone tells you when it's battery is low.

I'll try replacing the 9v again... Done that in the past... Woulda expected the 9v battery to last more than one use but whatever I'll throw a Duracell in see if that lasts more than 2 min lol

So I've heard of several Guys not running the bass boost knob on their amps so I figured hell why not try this....

Is it normal for my dd-1 to have the low batt light come on when trying to set my gains?

Amp is orion xtr2200.1d.... This is round two with this amp round one ended up in smoke I was trying to keep my bass and loose my speaker distortion by turning down bass in eq then foolishly turned my sub level max on my head unit (pioneer app radio v1)

Needless to say the guys at md audio hooked me up got new amp and just doesn't seam like my gains are right... First had it set with track 7... But amp seemed to be getting hot... Having fried the first one is making me nervous. Lol

My dd-1 also does the blip distortion thing another guy on here was talking about..

So some help and advice would be greatly appreciated

Only if the battery needs replaced because shitty battery to begin with, or low voltage.

Crazy thought process, I know.......