Sundown Audio

Amp suggestions?

RickyFriery97

I know kicker isn't a big brand around here, but I just got two kicker CVX 10s for my crew cab sierra, with a ported under seat box (not sure on brand)

Plan on doing big three in 1/0 along with putting a D3400 in the secondary batt tray. So stock battery and alt along with a XS power D3400

Subs are D4 so 1 ohm load. Just curious to what some of yall guys would suggest for them. Thanks in advance!

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

I know kicker isn't a big brand around here, but I just got two kicker CVX 10s for my crew cab sierra, with a ported under seat box (not sure on brand)

Plan on doing big three in 1/0 along with putting a D3400 in the secondary batt tray. So stock battery and alt along with a XS power D3400

Subs are D4 so 1 ohm load. Just curious to what some of yall guys would suggest for them. Thanks in advance!

what are the ohms on the sub?

He said D4 sucka

:)

Anything that puts out the sum of the rated power handling of the subs @ 1 ohm.

Check out amp test tuesday thread to see an idea of some brands that put their money where their mouth is.

what are the ohms on the sub?

He said D4 sucka

:)

he musta ghost edit that post :P

it all depends on the budget. any 1500 watt amp will do. the crescendo being one of the cheapest in price at $300.. even a brutus brz2000 will work

Thanks fellas, I think the subs are 600 rms so wanna put at the least a legit 1k on them.

Just be aware that if we are talking about (most) music, an amp that is rated and is capable of lets say 1K, will not be drawing or putting out full power most of the time. If your electrical is strong for what you are asking of it, many times you benefit by buying an amp that gives you a little head room.

Solid electrical and a properly setup system are a must though.

Thanks fellas, I think the subs are 600 rms so wanna put at the least a legit 1k on them.

Just be aware that if we are talking about (most) music, an amp that is rated and is capable of lets say 1K, will not be drawing or putting out full power most of the time. If your electrical is strong for what you are asking of it, many times you benefit by buying an amp that gives you a little head room.

Solid electrical and a properly setup system are a must though.

yup very true, I've had large systems and electrical before just been out of the loop for a while, didn't know if there was some new solid Amps out there I haven't heard of. I'll slap a dual alt kit in eventually and have a designated alt for stereo and lights etc.

those subs are rated 750 rms.. cvx are like the l7

They are rated at 600, heard people call them round version of the L7. Used to have 4 L7 15s in my suburban. Build thread is still around here some where

Archived