Sundown Audio

The Strangest Amp Noise.

viper1315

and when you remove the rca's from the m4 the noise stops? may be a ground loop issue through the rca's

the m4 isnt even in any more. and i unplug the rcas from all of them and it still makes the noise and every speaker and even ran different runs of power and ground. i havent tried the signal wire though. but i dont think that would matter

2001 GMC Sierra DC Audio Build =http://www.stevemead...o-level-4-build

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

Audiotechnix Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Sound Deadener

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

well if nothing is connected to the amp and it's still making noise it's either got to be the 4 channel amp or have nothing todo with the amp at all.... just try remove the remote wire so the amp doesn't turn on at all and see if the noise goes away. prob would help if you said how it's all wired, what headunit you have, how many rca's are going from the headunit to the amp, what 4 channel amp it is ect. hope it's something simple lol

well if nothing is connected to the amp and it's still making noise it's either got to be the 4 channel amp or have nothing todo with the amp at all.... just try remove the remote wire so the amp doesn't turn on at all and see if the noise goes away. prob would help if you said how it's all wired, what headunit you have, how many rca's are going from the headunit to the amp, what 4 channel amp it is ect. hope it's something simple lol

Its some old EFX 600.4 i have had forever, wired from the batteries in the back. it is zero gauge going in i did not have any 4 gauge. and only have one run of rcas and pioneer avh 7500 or something. everything is ran clean. power one side and rcas and speaker wire other side.

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

^^ that all sounds fine, not too how the m4 was getting signal? but it sounds like tis an issue within the 4chan amp

i was jumping from 4 to m4 with signal wire. i am going to try a different amp i think to see what i can get. thanks though i will let you know what i find

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

How did you set your gains? I know some amps (my SQ 3500, and old rockford two channels for me) make a loud hum when you hit the point of distortion according to the DD-1. So maybe your amp is one of those that gives off that kind of hum when the gain is too high?

Archived