CE Auto Electric Supply

Migules you don't get more rise if you have 2. Ohms of box rise it's 2 ohms period

So at .5 ohms you will rise to 2.5 ohms at 2 ohms you would rise to 4 ohms still 2 ohm rise now I think it's a loaded question cause I need to know what amp a does at 2 ohms and what amp b does at 4 ohms they could be very different

As it sits a 1000 watts is a 1000 watts at .5 ohms or 2 ohms or he'll even 8 ohms the only difference would be .5 draws more current and makes more heat then the 2. Ohm amp

okay.. you just made my point.. you rise to 2 omhs not to 4 ohms.. do amps make more power at 2 ohms or 4ohms? smh

One makes 1,000 Watts into 2 Ohms.

One makes 1,000 Watts into .5 Ohms.

You have four DVC 4 Ohm woofers.

Which amp will play louder with these woofers? Why?

Guess #1: The one that you can wire to .5 because of rise. You will get more output across the frequency spectrum. As different frequencies are played the enclosure (well, most, right Kyle?..... too early? :cheers: ) the impedance will change with the dynamics of music. If you are starting lower, it takes longer to climb.

Guess#2: Is the amp that makes 1k @ 2 ohms stable at .5? If so, that one, wired to .5

thank you....

i seen people rise to 1.2 when wired to .5 ohm..... same amp and subs wired at 2 ohms and they get rise at 8 ohms

why would the amp matter about rise?

because in the real world you get impedance rise

by the way it was tones not music.. music could rise even more

also it depends on amp.. what wattage does it do at higher loads.

Edited by Miguels

Migules you don't get more rise if you have 2. Ohms of box rise it's 2 ohms period

So at .5 ohms you will rise to 2.5 ohms at 2 ohms you would rise to 4 ohms still 2 ohm rise now I think it's a loaded question cause I need to know what amp a does at 2 ohms and what amp b does at 4 ohms they could be very different

As it sits a 1000 watts is a 1000 watts at .5 ohms or 2 ohms or he'll even 8 ohms the only difference would be .5 draws more current and makes more heat then the 2. Ohm amp

okay.. you just made my point.. you rise to 2 omhs not to 4 ohms.. do amps make more power at 2 ohms or 4ohms? smh

Guess #1: The one that you can wire to .5 because of rise. You will get more output across the frequency spectrum. As different frequencies are played the enclosure (well, most, right Kyle?..... too early? :cheers: ) the impedance will change with the dynamics of music. If you are starting lower, it takes longer to climb.

Guess#2: Is the amp that makes 1k @ 2 ohms stable at .5? If so, that one, wired to .5

thank you....

i seen people rise to 1.2 when wired to .5 ohm..... same amp and subs wired at 2 ohms and they get rise at 8 ohms

If your "rise" did shit... then you had a window down.. or .. a door open.. or somthing.....

the amp has ZERO to do about anything

thank you....

I think he means when all else was equal, and just the wiring configuration was different. Or at least thats how I take it.

thank you....

I think he means when all else was equal, and just the wiring configuration was different. Or at least thats how I take it.

Well....

if your wire to .25, and rise to 1

if you wire to 1 and rise to 4....

??????

also the subs at .5 would be parallel and at 2 ohms they will be in series/parallel.. didn't they test this and wiring parallel was louder?

OMFG......bwahahahahahha

Please Read the Question guys!!!!!!!!!

2 amps, 4 subs, one makes 1k w @.5 ohms, one makes 1 k w @2 ohms

Which amp is capable of getting the loudest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But that isn't a given. He didn't say the amps were identical, therefore we don't know for a fact that the one that does 1k @ 2 ohms is stable at .5, but if it is, and the subs can handle that power, then yes.

thank you....

Well....

if your wire to .25, and rise to 1

if you wire to 1 and rise to 4....

??????

amp rising to 1 ohm will have more output than if it rises to 4 ohms

run a sig generator...

for real.....

You are wired at 2ohm, and you see 8ohm.. well fuck.. at a certain FREQ ?!??! fuck ya... youll see 8 ohm

even on my rig i saw 14ohm....... on SOME freq's and pulls.... hell..

Wiring series-parallel/parallel-parallel makes no difference,

yes it does

Let me expand on this.

While it series parallel doesnt effect the output of the amplifier, since the amplifier produces wattage based on the load presented, the woofers due to teh way they are wired will process the wattage diffrently

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice