Financial Mistake--Team Droppin' Hz--'10 Taurus Trunk Wall--Oval box COMPLETED--Video added (5/30/16)--DC Audio, PRV, Crescendo

So I got started on getting everything installed this weekend. I'm just gonna say it took A LOT longer than I expected. I started Thursday morning about 9am and finished it up about 3pm Friday afternoon. I ended up having to borrow my parents vehicle to run back home because the car was still completely dismantled. Only thing I didn't have out of the car was the center console,top half of the rear seats, and the carpet.

Running all my speaker wires weren't nearly as bad as I expected. Unfortunately I have Molex plugs in the rear doors so I had to drill holes in the open spots of the plugs to run the speaker wires through. Running wire to the fronts was fairly easy as well, minus some of the stupid plastic pieces Ford put on their wire harnesses to keep them in place. I honestly didn't take too many pictures during the whole thing just because I was so focused on trying to get it done.

Amp rack turned out great.

0402151547.jpg

0402151756.jpg

Love the way it came together and fit in, but I have a few issues now that I have to take care of.

1. Factory radio will not work without being plugged into the stock amplifier. This means that my amp rack won't work out as planned because I am going to have to mount the stock amplifier back in its home.
  2. I cannot get the CleanSweep to calibrate correctly. When I first plugged it in, it was fine because it had previously been calibrated to the previous owners vehicle. Once I tried to calibrate it to mine it would not calibrate correctly. Come to find out, if your vehicle came with the "premium" sound system, in order to use the CleanSweep you have to use the JL CL-SSI Signal Summing Interface as well. Apparently with vehicles that have the "premium" sound system, they don't provide full-range signal. In order for the CleanSweep to calibrate correctly, you have to have full-range signal.

I found a CL-SSI factory refurbished for $65 and I just ordered it today. I'm hoping that it will be here by mid-week so I can hopefully be playing by this weekend. Talk about a headache trying to figure out why nothing was working correctly when you know everything was hooked up right. So now I am currently running around listening to my radio off of my front center channel, rear center channel, and my 2 6x9 "subs".

Got started on my amp rack tonight at work. Should be pretty straight forward and easy to do.

0331150034.jpg

0331150149.jpg

Looking good man!!

Where do you work that affords you the luxury of working on your system?

Got started on my amp rack tonight at work. Should be pretty straight forward and easy to do.

Looking good man!!

Where do you work that affords you the luxury of working on your system?

I'm a junior engineer at a Honda sister plant. Basically if I don't have any projects that need worked on, I make sure to bring something in to keep myself busy. Wrapped both tweeter pods at work, designed and laid out the amp rack, soldered my leads from the recone, and cleaned up that CleanSweep harness all at work. I can't do some of the bigger things, but if there's stuff that I can get started on at work I try and so.

Well everything is in and playing, BUT still needs to be tuned and the CleanSweep needs to be adjusted using the master volume. When you read up online about them you see a lot about a hissing or static sound coming from the speakers. Actually called JL and talked to them and they said the master volume needs to be adjust on the CleanSweep and then I can adjust the gains on my amps.

I'm also going to have to make a minor change to my amp rack. Not quite big enough now that I had to add the CL-SSI to the mix. Now that I have to have the stock amp in its original place, I can keep the amp rack where it was, but I'm going to have to mount it differently. Before I had it screwed to the sheet metal on the inside of the trunk. Now I am going to use a piece of 2" dow rod and make essentially spacers which I will PL glue to the sheet metal and then screw the amp rack to the dows once I have them mounted and in place.

Archived