Financial Mistake--Team Droppin' Hz--'10 Taurus Trunk Wall--Oval box COMPLETED--Video added (5/30/16)--DC Audio, PRV, Crescendo

So everything is together now and playing as it should.

One thing I ran into when I did the install of the JL CL-SSI is that if it is not getting full-range singal from the headunit through the channels you picked to tap into, the CleanSweep will not calibrate. Let me take a step back and explain how the SSI works. The SSI has 3 inputs and is capable of 2 or 3 way converting. Input A is your higher frequencies, Input B is your midbass or bandpass, and Input C is your sub stage. When I first had everything hooked up I had it as follows:

A-Front Tweeters

B-Front Doors

C- Rear "Subwoofers"

I could not get this format to calibrate. I called JL and talked to them about it and they said that without knowing what frequencies each channel is, its hard to really tell me what channels I actually needed to be hooked up to. Now with the Sony 12 speaker system you also have the front and rear center channels. I took a second to read up and see what frequencies they covered which is, 350-3500hz. So from there I changed my setup to:

A-Front Tweeters

B-Front and Rear Center Channels

C-Rear "Subwoofers"

This format also failed to calibrate. At this point I was out of ideas. I then tried:

A-Front doors

B- Front and Rear Center Channels

C- Rear "Subwoofers"

This finally worked. The only thing that I can guess is that the frequency range of the tweeters was too small to cover the what the center channel didn't and that's why it was failing to calibrate. With using the front doors for input A I covered a wide range of frequencies since they are used for both vocals and some midbass, but mainly vocals.

After cleaning up the static in the system and getting the CleanSweep to calibrate correctly with the SSI, it has made a huge difference. Before I had the static from the CleanSweep cleared up I had it calibrated, but I had to have the bass and treble on the headunit turned completely down, which is not how its suppose to be calibrated. Now everything is set up correctly, the bass and treble are both set at 0 and now I will actually be able to use the bass adjustment to help with the tuning of my sub. I plan on going to see Jeff (corona_jeff) in Indy on Sunday to have all my amps tuned so no clipping occurs.

works for Honda.

drives American sedan.

I like the way you think man... killer job too.

Thanks man. Grew up in a Ford family. Had a Explorer before this. Chrysler before that.

Still have a few more updates to put on here. Got all the rest of the doors deadened today. I think I may have went a little overkill on the drivers door lol. Gonna have to order some more Shok Mat to finish the trunk and I'm gonna have to pull the headliner and deaden the roof. It already hates me with one Level 4 in there. Can't imagine how its gonna be with two.

So everything is together now and playing as it should.

One thing I ran into when I did the install of the JL CL-SSI is that if it is not getting full-range singal from the headunit through the channels you picked to tap into, the CleanSweep will not calibrate. Let me take a step back and explain how the SSI works. The SSI has 3 inputs and is capable of 2 or 3 way converting. Input A is your higher frequencies, Input B is your midbass or bandpass, and Input C is your sub stage. When I first had everything hooked up I had it as follows:

A-Front Tweeters

B-Front Doors

C- Rear "Subwoofers"

I could not get this format to calibrate. I called JL and talked to them about it and they said that without knowing what frequencies each channel is, its hard to really tell me what channels I actually needed to be hooked up to. Now with the Sony 12 speaker system you also have the front and rear center channels. I took a second to read up and see what frequencies they covered which is, 350-3500hz. So from there I changed my setup to:

A-Front Tweeters

B-Front and Rear Center Channels

C-Rear "Subwoofers"

This format also failed to calibrate. At this point I was out of ideas. I then tried:

A-Front doors

B- Front and Rear Center Channels

C- Rear "Subwoofers"

This finally worked. The only thing that I can guess is that the frequency range of the tweeters was too small to cover the what the center channel didn't and that's why it was failing to calibrate. With using the front doors for input A I covered a wide range of frequencies since they are used for both vocals and some midbass, but mainly vocals.

After cleaning up the static in the system and getting the CleanSweep to calibrate correctly with the SSI, it has made a huge difference. Before I had the static from the CleanSweep cleared up I had it calibrated, but I had to have the bass and treble on the headunit turned completely down, which is not how its suppose to be calibrated. Now everything is set up correctly, the bass and treble are both set at 0 and now I will actually be able to use the bass adjustment to help with the tuning of my sub. I plan on going to see Jeff (corona_jeff) in Indy on Sunday to have all my amps tuned so no clipping occurs.

80367-thumbs-up-gif-Selena-Gomez-smi-Jiu

nicely done sir

I was wonder if this makes sense to anyone. This is pulled from one of the other forums I'm on specifically for my car.

"The subwoofer amplifier in this car has an Enable/Clip wire that I'll use. The wire reads 0V for amp off, 3-6V for amp on, and >8.5V for amplifier clipping. Apparently the factory sub amp has an internal resistor that pulls the voltage down under light load, and lets it increae as load goes up. When it surpasses about 8.5V, the DSP lowers the output level to the sub amp to prevent blowing the woofer and/or amp.

If this is the case, then I want that enable wire to stay between 3-6V to keep a strong signal coming from the head unit. People say to use this wire directly as an amp turn-on wire, but this would put the head unit in clip mode and send a poor signal out of the DSP, which would then require me to use an audio processor to get the bass back. I might be able to just set the voltage on that line using a resistor to 5V, use a 5V relay to make a 12V remote wire circuit, then use the line+/- wires from the DSP directly to RCA's and to my subwoofer amp. Maybe it'll kill the roll-off too..that'd be cool!"

Trying to figure out if I need to try and do what this guy is talking about with installing a relay inline to steady the voltage. Any input?

Hell yeah, first off love the "financial mistake" sticker. May "bite" that cuz I think it is beautiful. But I want to know this also. I have a lexus GS430 that does the same thing I believe in limiting the voltage to the factory subwoofer when the volume is turned up. I hope someone can shed some light on this. I've searched far and wide to get some answers but haven't really found anything. Please someone give some info. Wish I could. Good work so far tho. Nice build!

Hell yeah, first off love the "financial mistake" sticker. May "bite" that cuz I think it is beautiful. But I want to know this also. I have a lexus GS430 that does the same thing I believe in limiting the voltage to the factory subwoofer when the volume is turned up. I hope someone can shed some light on this. I've searched far and wide to get some answers but haven't really found anything. Please someone give some info. Wish I could. Good work so far tho. Nice build!

PMd the guy on the forum that posted this. I'm gonna see if that fixed his issue.

So here are the updates that I had mentioned before with the doors being deadened...

Driver's rear

0411151226a.jpg

0411151226.jpg

Passenger rear

0411151355.jpg

Passenger front

0411151537a.jpg

All the doors were done the same. Inside of the doors were double layered and then you can see how the rest was done.

Thinking about trying to find some of the black ABS plastic or something of the like and making panels to cover the openings to the inside of the doors to help with the midbass response and then attaching them with nut rivets as I have seen done a few times.

Also got to add my new decal that a specially left enough room for...

0409151848.jpg

hehe...probably my two favorite purchases so far.

Archived