Financial Mistake--Team Droppin' Hz--'10 Taurus Trunk Wall--Oval box COMPLETED--Video added (5/30/16)--DC Audio, PRV, Crescendo

Roll with the punches man!  You have a nice ride and you're determined to make it nicer, so dont let the loss get you down.

It definitely sucks, I lost about as much content as you did.  

Im moving to another hosting service and starting a new build log beginning with where I'm at now.  I dont plan on updating the old stuff, but I'm nowhere near 'finished' with my build, so pressing forward is the only option.  

I'll check out the recommendation from @8ten8 too.  

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so I'm still alive. After handing my baskets for the XLs of to my powdercoater and waiting a month for them to not get done, I finally got them painted and finally reconed. Plan is to pull the Hammertechs out Saturday and get the XLs back in. This go around I will be putting direct leads on the XLs. Truth be told I'm actually trying to sell them. After talking to Jeff, I want to get myself into a set of Droppin' Hz Alphas, but I suppose for the time being the XLs will have to do . 

35830305473_d21a429448_k.jpg20170809_054332 by [email protected], on Flickr

35804531884_2bd2bb0b03_k.jpg20170810_181608 by [email protected], on Flickr

35804531604_b813d3160b_k.jpg20170812_100653 by [email protected], on Flickr

36639068425_b12effe5ee_k.jpg20170813_163130 by [email protected], on Flickr

36639068725_5aeb7a9ac2_k.jpg20170817_180433 by [email protected], on Flickr

fuck yea, keep it going man

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2017 at 9:10 PM, Jahlg64 said:

I see you're a motiv fan!

Best ball company in the world.

IT LIVES!!!

Got the XLs back in the car yesterday. My seal plate/baffle rings need to be recut, but they are in and playing and pretty loud. Trying to get them broke in a little bit before I post a new video. 

I'm mauling over the idea of rebuilding next year. Not sure to what yet, but debating. I would love to try a 6th order, but I don't have the room for it. If I decided to try a 4th I would have to go down to 12s and even then I still may not have enough space. 

• 4 weeks later...

So I have been doing some experimenting the last few days. I know that the way most stereos in the new cars are designed they cut back signal to certain frequencies once the volume gets so high. This allows the mids and highs to continue to get louder, but in turn it cuts the bass back in order to keep people from blowing their stock speakers. When it comes to our community, that's obviously not what we want. I have been battling with that since I put the aftermarket stuff in the car and I didn't know it. 

My first course of action was to add a LOC. When I did this though I wanted to bypass the factory amplifier because I was under the understanding that that was where it was controlling the signal. I purchased a NVX XPLOC 4 from Droppin' Hz and attempted to install it. Plan was to use one set of RCAs to run to my 360.3 and run the highs and mids from it and then use the other set of RCAs from the XPLOC4 to run straight back to the sub stage bypassing the 360.3. After installing the LOC at the headunit and running my RCAs from the LOC to the 360.3, I tried to do my configuration and wasn't getting any signal to the 360. After reverting what I had done, I started my research. Turns out that you cannot tap in pre-stock amplifier because the signal is CANBUS and the LOC can't decipher it. So back to the drawing board. 

After posting on a couple of the Facebook audio pages and talking to some friends they mentioned the AudioControl LC2i. I think I knew it existed, but I think I kept telling myself that there was a cheaper way around it. Turns out that there's not... I went ahead and picked up one of these for $62 shipped. I will be trying to install it as soon as I can. This is all starting to make sense now. Back when I did my first run on the Twisted Sounds 3.5k, if I remember correctly I only clamped about 2500w, which was semi to be expected, but when you look at box design, you would expect it to be pretty efficient. Moving forward to now when I'm running a SD Power 8800 and I'm just about as loud as I was before on the 3.5k. 

Fingers crossed installing this LC2i will make a substantial difference. 

• 2 weeks later...

So the LC2i did nothing but create more problems. I'm going to back to running the 360.3 off the high-level inputs and take the LC2i out. The Accubass was doing nothing but creating clipping. After doing a bunch of reading on stock radios and the way some of them work I've decided that the only way I'm going to get the results I want is to go back to using a secondary headunit. I'm starting to assume that the way the factory Sony system works is that it is constantly adjusting the EQ. Some radios have just a certain volume at which they start to cut back the signal to those lower frequencies, others constantly adjust the EQ based on the song, or something to that nature. 

So like I said, my plan is to add a secondary headunit. This is actually done in a Taurus just like mine, just a bit newer.

37615985670_5a420623e2_b.jpgFB_IMG_1508692027241 by [email protected], on Flickr

I haven't decided on a headunit or even if I'm going to do a double or single din yet, but this is the route I'm going. My factory radio has me wanting to sell my car because I'm so pissed off. Never knew having nice things would cause such a headache. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I now have the new replacement speaker grill that I'm going to be using as a base to start my work off of and I also have the double din mounting cage so now I can try and find some time to get started on getting this made. I've already been specing out the radio and I'm leaning towards the Pioneer AVH-4200NEX. My car didn't come stock with a backup camera so I wanted to make sure I got something that was nice and had that capability so I can add it while I'm adding the radio in. 

Archived