Financial Mistake--Team Droppin' Hz--'10 Taurus Trunk Wall--Oval box COMPLETED--Video added (5/30/16)--DC Audio, PRV, Crescendo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Slam is in the books. I've been dragging my feet getting on here and posting since I've been trying to catch back up on sleep since I didn't get subs loaded til Friday.

41849929485_c5650e39bb_k.jpg20180608_191111 by [email protected], on Flickr

I ran into some issues that were my own fault. (Wired to .5ohm instead of 2 ohm) So Saturday night I had to come home and pull subs and rewire them and reinstall which is not fun with 80lb subs in a trunk wall. I tell you what though, the car is pretty nasty now. I've yet to get a good video, but I will. Overall Slam was exciting and eventful. Came away with a few plaques in the tattoo contest too. 

42700976772_8fba0295b8_k.jpg20180610_174458 by [email protected], on Flickr

Also managed to make it into SounDigital's recap video for a split second which is pretty cool. It's the little things. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally getting around to updating again. 

I replaced my NVX JAD800.4 with a SounDigital 1200.4. The car is now completely powered my SounDigital.  

42429053324_66a6573eea_k.jpg20180623_184535 by [email protected], on Flickr

I also took the time to do some paint correction. Thing shines like a diamond in a goats ass now.

That's the sun, not camera flash.

42463870264_62334cca26_k.jpg2018-07-03_05-44-17 by [email protected], on Flickr

28278312687_0a83f2356d_k.jpg20180630_110631 by [email protected], on Flickr

And now for the bad news...

I've been battling alternator whine forever. It's finally gotten to the point where I just can't take it anymore so I started investigating what could be causing it. I've been having problems with my 360 recently especially the main power harness plug. If I wiggle it, it would make the unit cut out and shut off. I took the unit out and took it apart to check all the solder connections and everything seemed okay. Put it back together and reinstalled it. I decided to completely bypass the 360 by running straight from the 360.3 to the small 400.4 and to the 4" side of the amp. No alt whine doing that. That being said, I could unplug the input RCAs from the 360.3 and the whine was still there! No input signal at all and I'm getting whine so I'm guessing there is something wrong with my 360.

My plan now is to use a set of in-line 300hz high pass FMODs on the 4" speaker channels and a set of 5k high pass crossovers on the tweeter channels since the 400.4 doesn't have a crossover adjustment.  I'm going to have to split all 4 of the output RCAs from the HU to do it this way, but it should work and get rid of all my alt whine. 

Damn, that thing shines up nice!

I think Kyblack was literally just saying in another thread today that he hated his 360.3... that sucks man...

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

12 hours ago, Hellbilly429 said:

Damn, that thing shines up nice!

I think Kyblack was literally just saying in another thread today that he hated his 360.3... that sucks man...

I think its more of a bummer for me because I like having it, but I can't justify spending $350 on a new refurb unit. 

@Kyblack76 were you having issues with yours too?

• 4 weeks later...

Well unfortunately I ran into a issue with my amp last weekend. Got in the car, started down the road, turned it up a little bit played fine and then the bass cut out. Turned it down and it came back, turned it back up went a little further and it cut back out again and never came back. 

Got home and pulled the back plate from it and checked for anything burnt and there was nothing. Started wiggling things and got to one of the caps and it arced. Think one of the solder joints came loose from the board. Good thing is though that I got it sent out to SounDigital and they are going to be fixing it for me. Hopefully I will have it back middle of next week. 

• 5 weeks later...

Well my next project is doors. I just found a set of front panels from a police car for $140. Plan is to do 1 maybe 2 PRV 8MR500-NDYs and a TW500MR-ND. This has been one of the things my car has been missing. 

I'm also waiting on my new lithium battery to be built. Jeff from Droppin' Hz is building me a new 45aH battery with a plexi case. Should be ready soon. Did also finally get my amp back and I'm playing again...thank god. 

• 1 month later...

Archived