Is a beater truck as 2nd vehicle worth it?

For those of you who have a small, fun vehicle for a daily and a beater truck for getting wood, supplies, moving other big things - is it worth having the truck? I'm considering of getting an older, manual truck as a second vehicle, but not sure if the truck is worth the money.

Pros

-Learn and practice driving stick

-Can attempt to do various mechanic jobs without worrying about messing up and not having a functioning vehicle

-Can attempt projects such as fiberglassing without worrying about wrecking the interior if things go wrong

-Getting wood, supplies, lugging tools around, etc

-Mainly sheets of wood or other big objects that won't fit or could scrape up the interior of my smaller daily driver

-Winter beater

Cons

-Initial cost ($3500 for something decent)

-Insurance ($70-90/month)

I'm looking into getting a cheap rodeo, xterra or liberty for a beater right now if I don't down size the system in the f150. The f150 is a bitch to daily and I don't like putting a ton Of miles on the z06.

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Everyone should own a beater truck. Who wants to try to fit a 70" tv on top of a civic

When I considered the same dilemma, space of another vehicle was my first concern, and then it was the extra registration and insurance that made me decide that a nice utility trailer and a hitch for my Mazda3 hatchback would be a better alternative personally.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

But if I ever saw a good deal on an old ranger that needed a clutch or something, I'd be damn tempted lol

Funny you say this because the one truck I looked at was an 02 ranger with 88k miles on it. The good/rare V6 3.0L 5 speed combo. Runs/sounds great, comes with a topper, has new winterforces and old summer tires all included. He was asking like $2800. Perfect interior too. The downside? Rust. The worst is on the back bed frame which doesnt matter too much, but the bottom of the passenger door is rusted through and some on the underbody. It's tempting bc it runs great, but I'm worried about the rust. Maybe have a shop check it out on a lift to see if the underbody rust is gonna be a problem.

We've had a 94 ranger that we use around the farm that's great for just loading up stuff in and not really caring about it, and I've got a 65 F100 that I like to drive around when I don't feel like driving my F150. I think beat around trucks are worth it.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Im for the truck. I got a older truck just for moving crap around

Ive had one for 5 years, and it gets used plenty. i say yes.

Out of curiosity, what year/model truck do you two have and how much does insurance cost you?

Archived