first alternator build, need some pointers

okay so ive done a few systems but never past 1200 watts. now im helping my friend put in a sundown audio SAZ-1500D amp to push a DC audio 1000 rms 2000 peak 1 ohm dvc 18. and i just feel like his stock alternator (07 jeep liberty not sure on its amps) isnt going too be able to power all that. so im wondering where i should go with it i also have a 1 farad digital cap to help as a second battery. but if i do but in a bigger alt in is there anything i should watch for, as in big 3, and keeping the voltage at the amp around i think its 13 or 14.5 volts so that the sub can reach its full rms from the amp. i hear that a bigger alt can mess things up too, i want to know what all i should take in account for.

Just checked and the OEM alternators I found for the Jeep 2007 Liberty where 136amps which is actually pretty good (those almost twice the amps of my stock alternator).

With 136amps all you would need is the big 3 wiring and a single battery under the hood (The XS 3400D with the big 3 is more than enough).

Archived