Second Skin Audio

2 ohm dvc and 4 ohm dvc

dgs1997

To start off this is not a vs thread I'm just trying to get some input. What is better to use/ have 2 ohm dvc or 4 ohm dvc? If your using 2 sub's wired down to 4 ohms or 1 sub wired to 2 ohms or vice versa 1 sub to 4 ohms or 2 subs to 2 ohms what coil type would be better?

WCA Rusty, on 15 Jan 2015 - 11:59 PM, said:snapback.png

Come see me and we will just start the party off out in the 160+ demo's

FCS530, on 16 Jan 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:snapback.png

You can't get in a virgins earhole with something that big! Gotta work up to it! Not cool Rusty

meade916, on 30 Apr 2014 - 11:23 PM, said:snapback.png

hahahah Gunnem that shit is funny bro

Soccerballzs, on 04 Jul 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:snapback.png

Gunnem You crack me up!! Love the pics!!!

JEFFYBOI, on 12 Jun 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:snapback.png

You got a funny personality. Which is cool man, unlike some of the dicks on here. :ph34r:

snafu, on 09 Jul 2013 - 8:37 PM, said:snapback.png

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

hispls, on 08 Aug 2014 - 3:54 PM, said:snapback.png

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

yeah its entirely amp dependent. the only reason to run lower impedance is to get more power out of an amp and to the subs, and vice versa in the case you need less power you can run a higher impedance. to give you a real world example my 4 subs are all dual 4 ohm coils, the only way to run them off one amp is at either 0.5 ohms, which is super hard on electrical, and components, and I don't dare to venture into sub-ohm territory at my experience level, its more for SPL runs and competition. or to run at 2ohms, it is extremely hard to find amps that make a lot of power at 2ohms (Crecendo BC5500D amp makes 5500w at 1ohm, but only 2800 at 2ohm), and if you do they are very pricey. so my option was to run 2 smaller amps, each wired to 2 subs at 1ohm each, which is the most cost effective and yet still reliable way to make the power I need. you would have to evaluate what you want your system to do for you before you can say which is the best option. but generally, higher impedance (2ohms) is less strain on an electrical system.

-If its loud, fast, outrageous, or all of the above, chances are i'll think its awesome.

-"No way he's OCD." -said none of the people that know me ever.

04' Suburban "Lucifer" A.K.A #Lucii (Under Construction)

4 10s on 4kW in 6cu net @~28hz

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

92' JDM 325i "Stella" ~Going for sale to build a 350+hp E30~

Gutted pipes

96,000 OG KM's (59,000 mi)

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

89' Gen 3 Honda Prelude SI AWS "Odis"

Bone Stock

Possibly going to stance it

thank you for phrasing that so well skanker that actually gives me a better idea of how it works now

WCA Rusty, on 15 Jan 2015 - 11:59 PM, said:snapback.png

Come see me and we will just start the party off out in the 160+ demo's

FCS530, on 16 Jan 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:snapback.png

You can't get in a virgins earhole with something that big! Gotta work up to it! Not cool Rusty

meade916, on 30 Apr 2014 - 11:23 PM, said:snapback.png

hahahah Gunnem that shit is funny bro

Soccerballzs, on 04 Jul 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:snapback.png

Gunnem You crack me up!! Love the pics!!!

JEFFYBOI, on 12 Jun 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:snapback.png

You got a funny personality. Which is cool man, unlike some of the dicks on here. :ph34r:

snafu, on 09 Jul 2013 - 8:37 PM, said:snapback.png

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

hispls, on 08 Aug 2014 - 3:54 PM, said:snapback.png

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived