I have 2 sundown x12s on a 5 cube box tuned at 26hZ and being pushed by a crescendo 5500 ....320 amp mechman 2 kinetic hc 2400 batteries hits great lows bUt i already.got used to it and want more output...what do yall recommend i wanna stick with 12s would upgrading to zv4s or even the nsv3's make a good difference?

Build a new box and tune higher around 33hz will give you more output

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

I honestly am surprised those x's are taking that power, kind of makes me think you got some issues with the install.

I also second a different box.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I honestly am surprised those x's are taking that power, kind of makes me think you got some issues with the install.

I also second a different box.

Yeah, I had the 2x x-12's on about 1700 each RMS and that was plenty.

I also had a box that was about 5 cube, and ALL I did was reduce box volume by a cube and I gained 1.6 db. IMO it was partially increased box efficiency and partially raising the tuning freq of the box.

My 2x X-12's on my single T2500 bdCP did a 148.2 legal, but my friend who did a 147.6 on 2x Rockford 15's sounded WAYYYY louder.

You'll be louder with a higher tuning frequency.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Doubling come area is a 3 dB increase.

Doubling wattage is a 3 dB increase.

It takes 10 dB to sound twice as loud.

You won't notice a 3 dB increase on music.

Redesign your box after you research done about how to even build a good one.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Doubling come area is a 3 dB increase.

Doubling wattage is a 3 dB increase.

It takes 10 dB to sound twice as loud.

You won't notice a 3 dB increase on music.

Redesign your box after you research done about how to even build a good one.

So if that's the case why does a 150 and a 155 feel and sound like whole different worlds?

I shouldn't notice unless I went from a vehicle that did 50's to one that does 60's right?

But fact is you can and do notice a difference at less than a 10 db increase.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

After 145 dbs every 3 db is noticeable difference

Doubling power doesn't = 3 dbs increase it all depends on the installation if had up to 5 dbs to as low as .5 db increase when doubleing power

To the op no matter what you do you will get use to the bass and will always just want a little bit more

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I wasnt aware of the 145 dB thing.

I didn't say you wouldn't notice till 10 dB I said that is when it should be perceived as around twice as loud.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived