Second Skin Audio

01 Corolla box build

Dtrain

Hey everyone,

Kind of new in the box building area, but I have a 2001 Corolla that I'm trying to build a box for.I haven't purchased anything yet, but I'm thinking of getting two SWR-D4(Type R's) and a 1000D monoblock, I'm open to suggestions on amps if anyone has any.

I'm currently about two hours away from a Home depot, so I'm not sure if it might be cheaper to see if I can get someone to make the box to the specifications I need.

I believe my trunk dimensions are 39x20x19(LxHxD). I've been using a few calculators, but to be honest I have no idea what I'm doing even after lurking and browsing a bit. I've been trying to get the box ported to 35Hz, but everything I seem to be coming up with is simply to big for my trunk.

If you are going for current generation Type Rs those are 1000W RMS each, to the following you can throw 1500-2000W RMS:

NOTE: amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4", figure is just an assembly guide, bracing is 1 1/4" wooden dowel rods..

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

2swr12.jpg

2swr12_pic.jpg

Hopefully there will be many other places near you that can sell you MDF.

Here's something for the SA-12s:

NOTE: amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 3/8", figure is just an assembly guide, bracing is 1 1/4" wooden dowel rods..

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

2sa12.jpg

2swr12_pic.jpg

Thanks for the build specifics thats exactly what I needed to see and look at. Would these same specifics go along with two SA-12s as well? Right after I made this post someone offered me two.

But I'll make sure I make a box dummy and see what I come up with.

A little larger for SA-12s would be best but the above can work as well.

If you don't mind me asking where in the box would I need to make my improvements in my box? Or would I just go recommend specifications for the SA-12s? Which is about Width 38 x 16.5 Height x 17.25 Depth, if so would I keep the same port width?

Archived