Second Skin Audio

will it work or is it useless to use air duct insulator over the sound deadener matt ive already put down? ive seen people use it and it seems like it works. all help is useful. since im her I might as well ask, im leaking water into my hatch area and kind of know where its coming from. and it looks like its coming out of nowhere.so would it seal the leak from getting on the inside of my car if I use fiberglass resin? and coat the whole area just to be safe? if need more info just ask. thanks

If you have water leaking into your hatch area you should find some sort of water tight product to stop this kind of leak. The tape you speak of is intended to stop the flow of air and heat not liquids. Also if you just use your deadener material to stop the sight of the water than it will start to become a bigger problem when the water is trapped underneath your deadener. Deadening products should not be used to stop liquid leaks, you are just asking for bigger problems by using deadeners to cover up known leaks. Even with our liquid deadeners we always suggest pre-treating the area with a rust inhibiting primer to keep the metal from rusting away from water issues. Good luck finding and eliminating the water leak.

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited) · Hidden by audiofanaticz, June 1, 2015 - aadvertisting other junk deadener in SS section
Hidden by audiofanaticz, June 1, 2015 - aadvertisting other junk deadener in SS section

I was in your shoes as well. I ended up buying a roll off this site: Car Insulation and installed it in my Subaru as a second layer and it worked out awesome. It helps keep it cooler in the summer, hopefully in the winter it will keep me warmer like it says lol. I definately noticed a difference with sound as well, reduce road noise big time. It was fairly cheap too.

Edited by dodgeelite666
Posted · Hidden by audiofanaticz, June 1, 2015 - aadvertisting other junk deadener in SS section
Hidden by audiofanaticz, June 1, 2015 - aadvertisting other junk deadener in SS section

I was in your shoes as well. I ended up buying a roll off this site: and installed it in my Subaru as a second layer and it worked out awesome. It helps keep it cooler in the summer, hopefully in the winter it will keep me warmer like it says lol. I definately noticed a difference with sound as well, reduce road noise big time. It was fairly cheap too.

You didn't read anything the OP wrote at all did you?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Posted (edited) · Hidden by audiofanaticz, June 1, 2015 - aadvertisting other junk deadener in SS section

I was in your shoes as well. I ended up buying a roll off this site: and installed it in my Subaru as a second layer and it worked out awesome. It helps keep it cooler in the summer, hopefully in the winter it will keep me warmer like it says lol. I definately noticed a difference with sound as well, reduce road noise big time. It was fairly cheap too.

You didn't read anything the OP wrote at all did you?

Yes I did. He asked "will it work or is it useless to use air duct insulator over the sound deadener matt ive already put down?" and I responded to that part of his question. The water part was already answered.

Edited by dodgeelite666
Posted · Hidden by n8ball2013, June 2, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by n8ball2013, June 2, 2015 - No reason given

I don't know why my post got deleted before. I was in your same shoes as far as trying to find a product to use to insulate. I ended up going with Car Insulation and I'm very happy with it. It's wasn't that expensive and it works. Just my .02

Did you fix your leak? You don't want water layer inside your interior, it will make things rust!