2007 Escalade build "The Basscalade"

Glad to see I am not the only one with the stupid ass ground noise. Are you guys getting it only when the truck is running? Rodlow1 and Islandpride684 let me know what you find out. There used to be a post from a guy on here that he figured it out but he got mad and deleted all of his topic content.

Glad to see I am not the only one with the stupid ass ground noise. Are you guys getting it only when the truck is running? Rodlow1 and Islandpride684 let me know what you find out. There used to be a post from a guy on here that he figured it out but he got mad and deleted all of his topic content.

Yeah my noise is with the engine off or on. It's almost like a 1k test tone. It gets louder when you put the truck in drive and goes down a little in neutral. I got it down so I can barely hear it. Plus I having a problem with my grounds. I think that's where my nouse its coming from. I going to get some help today from a shop. It's about a hour or so from my house but they do alot of big installs. Once I get to the bottom of the problem I will post my findings.

Yeah my noise is with the engine off or on. It's almost like a 1k test tone. It gets louder when you put the truck in drive and goes down a little in neutral. I got it down so I can barely hear it. Plus I having a problem with my grounds. I think that's where my nouse its coming from. I going to get some help today from a shop. It's about a hour or so from my house but they do alot of big installs. Once I get to the bottom of the problem I will post my findings.

I am tuned for this issue alone. Make sure your two charging systems are COMPLETELY separate. Myth or not I run my wires separate from each other when running them through the vehicle also, Power from ground from RCA from remote etc. I have no noise. I ground everything to the frame. Well amps to batteries and batteries to frame. IDK, I hope you get it figured out. Do 1 thing at a time as for process of elimination.

No extra grounds for factory battery either because of ground sensor BS

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I am tuned for this issue alone. Make sure your two charging systems are COMPLETELY separate. Myth or not I run my wires separate from each other when running them through the vehicle also, Power from ground from RCA from remote etc. I have no noise. I ground everything to the frame. Well amps to batteries and batteries to frame. IDK, I hope you get it figured out. Do 1 thing at a time as for process of elimination.

Yeah factory and system charging are completely separate. But positive and negative runs are together. Rca's are running on opposite side of each other. Maybe I to separate my positive and negative runs.

I only have it when the truck is running. I have 2 mechman 370 amp alts but I am running the factory and stereo off of both alternators. All grounds are to frame. We replaced the stock battery ground but it does go through the sensor. I am currently only running one alt because I was having some voltage issues with a controller so I have the second alt turned off until I can have MLA modify the one I have. When I am running off of batteries I have no noise at all. I am debating on getting a 3 alt bracket if it will fit and added the factory back to the system. I don't want to give up one my 370 alts because they are keeping my voltage solid.

Noise in systems are more common than I thought. I was at a show Sunday and every car had some type of noise. I was shock. I stop by a local shop and the owner told me if I had a high power alternator I will always have some type of noise. I nicely told him that's not true. Needless to say there going to be some jack up systems in the ATL. Lol

Mine is only on when the truck is on, I narrowed mine down to the head unit, I plugged an ipod straight to the amp and no noise, before I had the head unit grounded straight to the factory ground on the wire harness, then I switched it to the body, still noise, the only thing left is to ground it straight to the back and change all my grounds to the frame, but I'm gonna wait till I order new runs since I installed my 2nd alt and its going to be 2 charging systems also, so that way I can do it all at one time...

Update: After going to the local shop still no help with the noise in my system. So I decided to remove everything and start over. As of yesterday all batteries and rca's are removed. I will be replacing the rca's with rockford fosgate rfit premiums.

Archived