2007 Escalade build "The Basscalade"

Rodlow1 I have the same exact problem. When it's not in drive it's not as bad on mine because I am using some isolators. But in drive it gets louder. I think because you are putting a load on the engine/alts it causes the louder results. I don't have any noise when it's just in the ACC mode but as soon as I turn it over then I get a milder version of the same awful noise. I am trying to talk to the owner of the SKAR audio Escalade to see if they have the same issues. I want to keep this going to see if we can fix it and help others in the future. I wouldn't pull everything. I really believe it is alt related.

Rodlow1 I have the same exact problem. When it's not in drive it's not as bad on mine because I am using some isolators. But in drive it gets louder. I think because you are putting a load on the engine/alts it causes the louder results. I don't have any noise when it's just in the ACC mode but as soon as I turn it over then I get a milder version of the same awful noise. I am trying to talk to the owner of the SKAR audio Escalade to see if they have the same issues. I want to keep this going to see if we can fix it and help others in the future. I wouldn't pull everything. I really believe it is alt related.

I believe we are going to get to the bottom of this issue. I will post anything I find. I already removed all my rca's and batteries. I going to separate my positive and negative runs. Also upgrade my rca's. I want thank everyone for their input and advice!! It's been greatly appreciated!!!!!!#

Update: Still when on parts to come in. Everything is removed from my truck. Also I found out my air suspension compressor is bad. The dealership wants over 1000 dollars to just replace compressor. Sucks!! But hopefully everything will be up and running the by weekend.20150408_063925_zpslyya2ch6.jpg

Damn, have you thought about replacing it yourself? The part is only about 200 bones...

I got a local mechanical who is going to put it in for the low. And I bought the whole assembly from eBay for 223 for the win!

OP, are you still experiencing alt whine?

I skimmed through the posts but I may have missed something so if I did, I apologize.

What HU are you using, and besides your HU and Amps, are you using any sort of processor or EQ?

OP, are you still experiencing alt whine?

I skimmed through the posts but I may have missed something so if I did, I apologize.

What HU are you using, and besides your HU and Amps, are you using any sort of processor or EQ?

I have the alpine ine-z928hd but I tried replacing the head unit, rca's, highs amp no luck. No processor or eq. It have to be a grounding problem.

Im going separate my positive and negative runs. And move all grounds to one side. Besides the front because I have ground both batteries.

Thanks for the interest! Any suggestions or advice

Archived