Speaker whine on 2k install, Help appreciated

I just paid 2k for a new system on my challenger. I installed the subs and then had a shop install the 4 channel amp and mids / highs. I'm using a 4 channel DD audio amp with DD audio speakers. 2 channels are tweeters and 2 are for the mids. With just one set of RCAs plugged into the amp it all sounds great put as soon as the other set are plugged in there is horrible hiss / alternator whine. Doesn't matter which set is plugged in it's silent until the 2nd set is. RCAs are coming from a LOC up front hooked into the factory amp.

Any suggests would be appreciated. The shop basically said that this is normal for aftermarket and to just turn up the volume or a ground loop isolator might help. I don't want to just put a band aid on it but it seems that's all I'll get out of it.

I really appreciate your help!

Tim

stereo shops generally do a shitty job installing things, I'd read into or look at a few builds of how people have installed stuff on your car, and then check to see how its been done. If it's the second set of rca's it would lead me to believe your problem lies there

take it back to the shop and tell them it's not good enough, there are a few things you could try to fix the problem, but if it were me i'd take it back to the shop you paid to fit it, if they have any idea what they are doing they should be able to fix it for you.

Thanks for the replys everyone.

The shop just wants to put on some ground loop isolators and call it a day. I, however, want to fix this problem. I replaced both sets of RCAs (just running over the seats) and with 1 set plugged in there is no noise, with 2 sets plugged in there is whine humming. I tried re grounding the LOC but it doesn't seem it get any better. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tim

You ninja'd me.

I'd get a nicer loc, a processor, or install an aftermarket headunit.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I have used various LOC's on several of my vehicles in the past. Never had an issue with them. I always insert the factory rear speaker wires in the trunk into the LOC. I than run the RCA's into my amp. This allows for a very short run of RCA's. Again, no issues every experienced.

Archived