24Runner sleeper system...2 x 12" Fi Neo, DD, Focal...Video w/ Juicebox Lithium! 150db+

Finally got around to taking out the N2's and putting in the N3's to test with. Still no deadner or anything, just a strait swap to compare numbers wise. Was thinking about competing in San Marcos on Sunday but it ended up being wack cause the cops shut it down, USACI was there and everything with permits. They said we couldnt demo.... so pretty much was wack as fuck. Ended up just using my friends term lab to meter and test some more.

MMMmmmmmm so sexy :wackit3:

19489_zps4ipb5ssy.jpg

Sadly upon wiring them up and checking them on the DMM it turns out the coils are D2 (1.4) , i bought them being told they were D1 which i personally prefer just because of the potential thermal differences when it comes to rise and wiring options. But its alright theyre too sexy to be mad at. And which coincidentally also brought more good than expected.

20150322_163145_zpsezzatly3.jpg

Still peaking at the same frequency, thought it may have went a tad bit higher with the increase in motor force and fs. But still almost a full 1db increase just from swapping subs alone. AND...and and and, with these im wired at 1.5 vs with the N2 which are D1 so i was wired at .7. So added more to the box rise factor and still had an increase. Pretty happy with that... for now :spiteful:

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Finally got to start deadening over the weekend.... was short lived since i just finished off some extra deadener that was laying around, then when i went to my local audio store that always hooks it up, they were out. Fuck me lol, cant catch a break. Hopefully next weekend i can grab another box if it comes in and go to work.

At least the first layer is down and looking good. This layer made the surface level so now the second layer should be able to just be solid pieces.

20150328_131832_zpscdhot4oc.jpg

Seriously this store HOOKS IT UP, been giving them my business for ever, so now they "sponsored" our little team. Wholesale FTW!!

Definitely wont be getting subs or amps from them, although now they have a contract with Sundown and American Bass, its mainly all name brand junk, but when it comes to deadener, terminals, speaker wire, LED's, they sure help a brotha out.

20150328_152736_zpsgxzuwmeo.jpg

I dont remember exactly what was paid for this, but it was somewhere around $1 a sq ft. :yahoo::peepwall:

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 DD M3b

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

MOAR Fi FTMFW

FB_IMG_1427492446506_zpsfgrguuc0.jpg

My buddy Taylor and I are Fi enthusiasts. So there was no question when this came on the marked it had to be added to our collection.

Custom Fi BTL N2 motor, completely rebuilt by yet another Fi lover... completely disasembled and rebuilt with stronger glue for the magnets (seems to be the one weak point people mention, ive never had a problem personally), Refinished with a nice Glass black... and OH yeah, the neo has been replaced with N52 vs the N48 that they came with :spiteful::lifter: Thanks again Steve Steven, idk if hes on this forum but his work is top notch, not to mention a cool dude to do business with.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

2 DD M3b

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Got some pics of how he re-built it, theres a vid on facebook of him destroying it originally with a hammer, good times, good times lol. The motor was shifted originally, so i guess he figured might as well fix the whole damn thing haha.

FB_IMG_1427834577117_zpsawpcoufq.jpg

FB_IMG_1427834592671_zpszmwglmvu.jpg

FB_IMG_1427834597995_zpsv0zuy9zb.jpg

FB_IMG_1427834608199_zpspw8lue09.jpg

FB_IMG_1427834638052_zpscxnmcjdz.jpg

FB_IMG_1427834626722_zps3iypvjlc.jpg

That custom Fi logo though :wackit3::wackit3:

gonna put a TI basket with some 10in spiders.... MMMMMMM should get down

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

2 DD M3b

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

random pic of the babe

19486_zpstpg6lp4x.jpg

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

2 DD M3b

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Glad to see another 4Runner build!

Looks pretty clean with the 24s

You and I went WAY different routes, but any toyota build is cool with me

I'm impressed with the prefab box being able to handle those numbers.

What kind of electrical and amps are you running?

Also, did you figure out your rub issue? I just resolved mine so I may have some tips if you need (33s with similar poke to yours)

Yes I have a lot of stereo weight. I build for Smiles Per Gallon not Miles Per Gallon LOLZ

My build - 1996 4Runner with 2 18s - 149+ in a sealed box (with radiators)

0a4ee87c-28c8-4bf8-9dfe-5a06b9dea2dc_zps

3e3eb9dd-70f8-4424-ad11-ccebcd929ac4_zps

Glad to see another 4Runner build!

Looks pretty clean with the 24s

You and I went WAY different routes, but any toyota build is cool with me

I'm impressed with the prefab box being able to handle those numbers.

What kind of electrical and amps are you running?

Also, did you figure out your rub issue? I just resolved mine so I may have some tips if you need (33s with similar poke to yours)

Hell yeah man thanks! Ive propbably looked through your whole build log on at least 4 different occasions, that 3rd gen is a work of art. Although its minuscule one of my favorite things you did was shaving off the rear window wiper, it looks SOOOOO clean :good::good:

I was seriously impressed that the prefab was able to reach those numbers also, especially since its just single baffle mdf painted with rhino-lining or some crap haha. Currently i have the 2 12" N3's on 1 DD M3b at 1.5 ohm nominal, i had tried wired them down to .5 for a show a couple weeks back, but as you know, the stock alternator might as well be non existent, even with the two extra 93ah C&D batteries i threw in there to try and help, it would drop strait into the low 11's, even the 10's, so until the alternator situation gets fixed ill just stay wired up. Butt the 146.4 it was able to do was at 1.5 ohm so im pretty excited for the gains to come. When its all said and done im hoping to have a relatively solid SB1 score, im designing everything to be legal below the window line.

As for the rub issue, i think i now have done everything possible to squeeze every last degree of turn out i can, but without lifting or air bags im gonna have to just live with it for now. I just went back and did some more trimming on the front bumper and the fender flares so that i have complete clearance from any of that. But now when i rub its because the tire is connecting to the fire wall that separates the wheel well, from the inside cabin. Pretty much right where my left foot is resting when driving. I think i would have to cut out that entire section so essentially my foot could kick the tire from inside the vehicle, then weld on new metal that comes more into my cabin area, so the wheel could freely turn. idk if that makes sense, but it just doesnt seem very practical right now.

Ive also though about going with 1.5"/2" spacers over the 1" i have now since it would pull the tire more outward on a turn and potentially give me a little more radius, but its just not worth it since eventually i do plan on bagging it. But if youve found some tricks that may help im always open to trying new things.

for reference my wheel size now is 305/35/R24, a lot wider than my previous 265/40/R22, but dammit if they dont look good :spiteful:

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

2 DD M3b

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Funny thing is the wiper is not truly shaved

I have the holes lined on the inside with dynamat and just have paint matched vinyl on the front.
You can tell from within 5 feet, but it beat repainting the whole hatch and it got rid of the wiper I never used (and it looks great in pictures haha)

Mine are 275/65R18 so you have me on width. I cut the pinch welds flush to the body and used a BFH to flatten as much as possible.
Tubbing there isn't hard, but I didnt want to around all the wiring and harnesses there.

I no longer rub, but your width probably hurts you there.

I'm sure you trimmed the fenders good enough by what it sounds like.

I have all kinds of spacers in various widths you could try if you lived closer (from offroad Toyotas)

I have enough weight in the rear that I ran AirLift support bags (<$100) and those helped a ton. I would recommend them.

As for alt, I have a Mechman now. It works very well with my overkill battery reserve.
I want to go with a DC 270XP with a 15.0 volts set point, but mine works for now.

Thanks for the compliments by the way

You can do some cool things with these cars and stay below the window line.

My goal was 150 in a sealed box below window line, but I am going to ported now to squeeze some more lows.

Hopefully I can push you to keep building. I'll be watching...

Yes I have a lot of stereo weight. I build for Smiles Per Gallon not Miles Per Gallon LOLZ

Funny thing is the wiper is not truly shaved

I have the holes lined on the inside with dynamat and just have paint matched vinyl on the front.

You can tell from within 5 feet, but it beat repainting the whole hatch and it got rid of the wiper I never used (and it looks great in pictures haha)

Mine are 275/65R18 so you have me on width. I cut the pinch welds flush to the body and used a BFH to flatten as much as possible.

Tubbing there isn't hard, but I didnt want to around all the wiring and harnesses there.

I no longer rub, but your width probably hurts you there.

I'm sure you trimmed the fenders good enough by what it sounds like.

I have all kinds of spacers in various widths you could try if you lived closer (from offroad Toyotas)

I have enough weight in the rear that I ran AirLift support bags (<$100) and those helped a ton. I would recommend them.

As for alt, I have a Mechman now. It works very well with my overkill battery reserve.

I want to go with a DC 270XP with a 15.0 volts set point, but mine works for now.

Thanks for the compliments by the way

You can do some cool things with these cars and stay below the window line.

My goal was 150 in a sealed box below window line, but I am going to ported now to squeeze some more lows.

Hopefully I can push you to keep building. I'll be watching...

yeah alt is definitely going to be my next purchase without a doubt, honestly another long time fellow bass head local to Texas, who has much more equipment and experience, has 5 or 6 EXTRA alts, all DC power i believe, maybe 1 or 2 Mechman that are for his Mustang, and are all 370 or 390 amp alts. They are all 12 and 9 o'clock mounting spots except he said he has a couple that are 12 and 6, which i just recently figured out is the same as the Toyota....best part is, he is pretty much giving it away (seriously like >.50¢ an amp), its hard not to get it and just commit to making it work haha. plus with SB1 you can only have 1 alt so i kind of wanted to make the biggest one possible work as it is.

Glad to see you are going ported FTW now, im sure youll be very happy with the outcome, i always feel like if your going to be loud (over 140ish) the "SQ" you get from sealed pretty much is nulled out from shear pressure of the bass. Ive always been very pleased with the sound of ported, especially when designed correctly.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

2 DD M3b

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

You would only be able to run 1 alt anyway unless you deleted your A/C (v belt problems)

If he has a 270xp to sell, I'm interested

I was very happy with sealed, and it was very loud. Just time to play around

Archived