XS Power

12v batteries with 14 volt xspower batt?

For wire run front to back ive got the bigest welding cable i could find 4/0. Its like 3 0guage wires in one. Cost me 300$ for 16 feet lol. For batterys i have two under the hood. One agm with gold post(not lead) that cost me 300$ (900cca) and a regular lead acid batt (800cca). For an alternator ive got a 253 amp . I went to see my local altornator dealer and showed him what was going he said my belt was too loose. so im working on routing it differently with double the tension

No batteries in the back ...

Orion 2500D , 2-10" alpine type X. Custom enclosure,
Alpine amp for mids and highs.
Working on a center channel ATM

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For wire run front to back ive got the bigest welding cable i could find 4/0. Its like 3 0guage wires in one. Cost me 300$ for 16 feet lol. For batterys i have two under the hood. One agm with gold post(not lead) that cost me 300$ (900cca) and a regular lead acid batt (800cca). For an alternator ive got a 253 amp . I went to see my local altornator dealer and showed him what was going he said my belt was too loose. so im working on routing it differently with double the tension

One run of 4/0 is not equal to 3 runs of 1/0.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

One run of 4/0 is not equal to 3 runs of 1/0.

It is equal to 2 though.

2008 Subaru WRX STI

K&N Typhoon Intake

Invidia Polished Stainless 3" turbo back with cat

Cobb Accessport

Dyno tune from Kaizen Tuning

320awhp 330ft-lb awtq

MTX 421D Sub amp

American Bass SQ900 Highs/Mids amp

Sundown Audio SD-2 10 D4

JL Audio XR653-CS 3-way Components

3sixty.2

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Custom fiberglass wheel well enclosure

Transmission Line quasi-floor enclosure

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/13-member-rides-builds-show-off-your-whip-show-off-your-system/

Bill Fitzmaurice TLAH line-array hifi towers

9 Goldwood 4" mids (each)

12 Goldwood 1/2" tweeters (each)

NAD 1020 Preamp

MiniDSP 2x4 Balanced processor

Thorens TD166mkII Turntable

Hafler DH-200 Amplifier

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192638-line-array-hifi-tower-build/

https://www.facebook.com/HolyMountainGlass

Close enough . Its massive tho . But yeah wat do u guys think on the electrical system?

Not close enough.

And your electrical will be fucked up if you wire a 14 volt batt parallel to a 12 volt batt.

Edited by Broke_Audio_Addict

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

ive been told it is not wise to mix agm batts with wet cell batteries. I agree with sierra, a high output alternator would be a good investment...as many amps as you can get (cause we all upgrade sooner or later). get a second opinion on your alt belt issue (not saying your boy doesn't know what he's talking about, just cover all bases). ask questions, research...most of us here are here to help, but we can't make you smarter. :P

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

I dig some electrical talk...

But.... you paid 300 bucks? for 16 feet ( what is that,.. one run?) of wire? (for 250amps, which im sure is half at load)

You paid 300 bucks for a battery with 900cca? hows the amp hours? hell, you could have a d3100 for that, or a nice lil cap bank.... and buy breakfast.......

What do i think of your un named 253 amp alt? .....

I think i need to sell you some shit.....

Well as for my un named 253 amp alt , i think the the voltage regulator set curve is set different the the mechmans. They put out 220 amps at idle. Mine puts out 110 amp at idle and the mech mans are 1000 time better built yes but when i rev over 1300rpm i think i should get 220amp from mine atleast.... Mech mans are built for what we do. From what i heard they can set the regulator to your liking.

My battery that i spent 300$ on is a northstar agm ultra. It has a crank pulse of 1600 amps so it says and the reserve capacity isent big due to the fact that the gm battery trays are so small....

Does it hurt an amp bumping at idle and i get a voltage drop to 13.2-13.4~ cause at idle thats what it falls to... I never checked voltage drop at the amp itself tho...

Thx to whom is helping me steer in the right direction. I miss my subs and i might pick up a rockford t2500 but i wanna see why im frying amps first.... If i blew the mosfets in that rockford like the orion did id be soooo pissed!

Also i noticed that i have a 200amp fuse for my wire run... I should upgrade that...