XS Power

12v batteries with 14 volt xspower batt?

14.8v has the potential to both overcharge and damage your AGM battery as well as not charge + drain your 14v battery.

When you are assessing your voltage drop, where are you reading voltage from?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as for my un named 253 amp alt , i think the the voltage regulator set curve is set different the the mechmans. They put out 220 amps at idle. Mine puts out 110 amp at idle and the mech mans are 1000 time better built yes but when i rev over 1300rpm i think i should get 220amp from mine atleast.... Mech mans are built for what we do. From what i heard they can set the regulator to your liking.

My battery that i spent 300$ on is a northstar agm ultra. It has a crank pulse of 1600 amps so it says and the reserve capacity isent big due to the fact that the gm battery trays are so small....

Does it hurt an amp bumping at idle and i get a voltage drop to 13.2-13.4~ cause at idle thats what it falls to... I never checked voltage drop at the amp itself tho...

Thx to whom is helping me steer in the right direction. I miss my subs and i might pick up a rockford t2500 but i wanna see why im frying amps first.... If i blew the mosfets in that rockford like the orion did id be soooo pissed!

I read the first sentence... and stopped.... what does any regulator have to do with idle output...... ?

meh...

im gonna go drink... more.

The regulator is what makes the alt decide to go full field or not depending on the load that it demands .... Thats how it works

Orion 2500D , 2-10" alpine type X. Custom enclosure,
Alpine amp for mids and highs.
Working on a center channel ATM

A dash guage i installed. Its digital. Just a cheap one..

Orion 2500D , 2-10" alpine type X. Custom enclosure,
Alpine amp for mids and highs.
Working on a center channel ATM

The regulator is what makes the alt decide to go full field or not depending on the load that it demands .... Thats how it works

Ok

Edited by Broke_Audio_Addict

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

This thread is still alive?

After post 6 you got all of your answers.

Listen and learn, or don't. Your choice. Either way you are going to learn, some just insist on doing it the hard way.

Very true

However full field is maximum output not infinite output. No regulator can make the alternator put put more power than it can. It only changes the goal-voltage of the regulator (charging voltage). After that, output and voltage drop will be the same.

A dash guage i installed. Its digital. Just a cheap one..

And where is the dash gauge hooked up to? End goal here is trying to figure out if your source is accurate or not in determining voltage drop at your amp.