Second Skin Audio

Dual 12s ported box build help

Hello everyone hope all is well and hope that some of you can help me with my new ported box build for my 2 12" Pioneer TSW304R's. They are currently in a prefab sealed box that was given to me along with the subs and amp from my brother in law. He doesnt know much about car audio and ordered the small sealed box which barely meets the specs for the 2 subs. I am wanting a box design that is around 3 cubes shared internal volume with an aero port tuned to maybe 32 hz still undecided about what to tune the port to. May want to have the port external. Anyways below are the Thiele/Small Parameters.

I do have experience with building boxes in the past but they were always simple boxes to fit the vehicle nothing specific like I am wanting to do this time with my own setup. I just have never used software to design a box and rather have someone that knows what they are doing help me with the design. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thiele/Small Parameters

Nom. Dia.(In) 12

Qts 0,70

Qms 13,30

Qes 0,740

Fs [Hz] 28,6

Vas [l] 77,88

Vas [ft3] 2,75

Vd [l] 0,245

Vd [ft3] 8,64E-03

Sd [m2] 5,20E-02

Sd [ft2] 0,560

Revc [Ω] SINGLE 3.0

Levc [mH] (2000Hz) 2,390

Xmax [mm] 4,7

Xmax [in] 0,19

Zmax [Ω] 40,9

BI [Tm] 10,39

Rms[Ns/m] 2,010

Mms [g] 149,50

Cms [m/N] 2,100E-04

Mg.Wt.[g] 940

Flux Density [Gauss] 6210

Hag [mm] 6

Hag [in] 0,236

Hvc [mm] 15,5

Hvc [in] 0,610

VC.Diameter [mm] 40

Eff [%] 0,21

S.P.L. [dB] 95,0

R.M.S.Power [W] 300

M.M.P. [W] 1300

Sp. Displacement [l] 1,66

Sp. Displacement [ft3] 0,059

Recom. Enclosure [l] 35,4

Recom. Enclosure [ft3] 1,25

F0 (in Cabinet) 51,2

Q0 (in Cabinet) 1,252

This setup will be going into a 2000 Ford Taurus. Pretty Huge trunk I did notice when I was running all my wires that the trunk is not sealed off from the cabin either. Will this be a problem? And my Max Width is 34in, Max Height 14.5in, Max Depth 26in. I will also post some pics of my trunk with my sealed box in it.

Here is a suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3", figure is just an assembly guide, optional bracing is 1 1/4" wooden dowel rods:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

2x_pio.jpg

2x%20pio%20pic_zps608hagmy.jpg

on the box to my subs it recommends 1.5 cu ft per sub for a ported box and minimum 1.25 per sub. I know that these arent competition subs but there good enough for me since I have a little one and cant have it too loud with her being in the car. The sealed box does get pretty loud but I know from experience that ported is the way to go. Ive never been a big pioneer fan and never owned any of their products but so far these have really impressed me with how low budget these subs are. I always had dvc subs back in the day. The last system that I had was a 15" Fi q in a ported box tuned to 38hz and it got super loud and low in my 2000 cavalier with the seat folded down.

I did just remember that I do need a little room to fit a stroller in the trunk so I do need to sacrifice a little more box space. Between 2.5 - 3 cu ft. Is how big the box can be in order to still have a little room in the trunk. I am also going to mount the amp to the floor or the back seat havent decided which yet.

on the box to my subs it recommends 1.5 cu ft per sub for a ported box and minimum 1.25 per sub. I know that these arent competition subs but there good enough for me since I have a little one and cant have it too loud with her being in the car. The sealed box does get pretty loud but I know from experience that ported is the way to go. Ive never been a big pioneer fan and never owned any of their products but so far these have really impressed me with how low budget these subs are. I always had dvc subs back in the day. The last system that I had was a 15" Fi q in a ported box tuned to 38hz and it got super loud and low in my 2000 cavalier with the seat folded down.

I did just remember that I do need a little room to fit a stroller in the trunk so I do need to sacrifice a little more box space. Between 2.5 - 3 cu ft. Is how big the box can be in order to still have a little room in the trunk. I am also going to mount the amp to the floor or the back seat havent decided which yet.

Archived